The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
jenking04
Would you tell her??
November 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

So my EX has an STD that he says is HPV he says he got it from me but we have been together off and on for 10 years and it just showed up in the last year. And all my paps have been clean sence i was 18 after they scraped my cervix of warts from HPV. I want to tell her cause i think its wrong that he is out sleeping with another girl without telling her about his problem. Any advice??

Replies

• jenking04
    November 18, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Quoting happy41ce:

Tell her. Would you wanna know if it were the other way around?

Ofcorse i would wan to know. But should i tell her now or wait till after i move out o there is no chance of him finding me and hurting me.

• haleymak
    November 18, 2012 at 3:27 AM
    Hpv is a virus you will always carry it even if you have been treated. It does not ALWAYS show signs, one out of FOUR people get this yearly. It is the most common sextually transmitted infection, it is not a disease- so it's not an STD it is an STI. I had it and was treated, I never had any sign whatsoever my regular scheduled pap is how I found out. THERE IS NO WAY FOR A MAN TO BE TESTED FOR THIS. HOWEVER! Yes, he can (and will) get it and carry it. Finding out who gave you HPV is literally like finding a needle in a haystack. I have slept with only TWO MEN, and still can't completely say where I got it, I think I know, but will never fully know for sure.

If you tell the girl she will think you are just jealous and trying to get him back. But it's still worth a shot on trying to tell her.

All women with HPV, take your daily vitamins and your immune system can fight HPV off.
  • BrownEyedGirl86
    November 18, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    Do you have a child w this ex???
  • jenking04
    November 18, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    I have 2 kids with him

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

• BrownEyedGirl86
    November 18, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    Then I would stay out of it. Especially if he is a good dad and is involved w the kids.

Quoting jenking04:

I have 2 kids with him

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

• elle7777
    November 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

HPV is unfortunately very common, yet fortunately not life threatening. Therefore I don't think it is your place.

• Alanaplus3
    November 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM

After seeing your other post I would say do not contact her.  He can ad will use it to say you are talking him.

• jenking04
    November 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    He's not a good dad or involved with the kids.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Then I would stay out of it. Especially if he is a good dad and is involved w the kids.

Quoting jenking04:

I have 2 kids with him

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

• momma2b2008
    November 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    I wouldn't tell her in a text. Maybe see if she will meet you somewhere.
  • sherry132
    November 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM

You better check the legality of giving that information out. Slander laws can bite you in the ass and from some of your descriptions, he'd use that against you. I wouldn't breathe a word. My ex would slam me in court so fast.... Nope, if you want to have sex with him, well that's your problem to figure out. If he had AIDS and wasn't telling, then I'd call the cops and let them handle it. I would never personally be the one to spread his dirty laundry anywhere. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts