Mommy4-27-08
do you take your children out black friday shopping?
November 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.

Replies

• SRUsarahSC
    November 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

people get trampled to death on Black Friday. It's practically child abuse to drag your children around in the wee morning hours in the cold so you can save a buck.

• Mommy4-27-08
    November 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    I agree but I have seen tons of parents do it. I am just wondering how they justify that to themselves.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

people get trampled to death on Black Friday. It's practically child abuse to drag your children around in the wee morning hours in the cold so you can save a buck.

• KMAsMommy9182
    November 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Heck no! 

• MissTacoBell
    November 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    Even if ds was NT, HELLZ NO.

(he wouldn't stay still long enough to check out lol)
  • MrsApple
    November 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    No way!
  • MamaBoo52
    November 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I would not no

• Jeckers
    by Jeckers

Maybe they couldn't get a babysitter, but wanted to get that half off cheap tv, computer or toy for their kid or husband for Christmas.  I don't know.  I wouldn't take my kids.  I would just stay home.

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    Oh I see them justify all over the place on cm every year.

*I* would never do some of the stuff I've seen.

I guess newborns are fine, you're wearing them and what not. But I was at target last year from 6p in line, to about 2a. I saw TODDLERS!!! Jc!

I MAY take my 4&6 in the afternoon but I doubt it. I did most of my shopping online already.
  • frndlyfn
    November 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Heck no .  I do not even go out on black friday.  Especially now that most can be done on line instead of going into the stores.

• mommyof11050307
    November 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM
    Not when they open the doors but in the afternoon we have.