The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
crzy4mc
Im not invited to my sisters wedding **UPDATE**
by crzy4mc
November 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Let me start out by saying that I am extremely hurt. My sister and I are very close.

I'm currently helping my sister out with the dress shopping. She looks beautiful trying dresses and I am typing to not only vent but hide the pain.

My sister and her fiancee met in September and have plans to marry soon.

I am not allowed to know the date nor am I welcomed to come bc she wants to make it fair for him.

His parents are still in Belarus (it's a country next to Russia).

They are not able to attend so we're not allowed to attend. How is that my problem? I'm trying hard to be happy for her but I find myself miserable. I understand it's her day and her decision but can't help to feel sad.

UPDATE:

After shopping with her all day.  I finally told her my feelings and recommended skyping the wedding to them.  She said it still wouldn't be the same.  To add more insult to injury, we finally found a very simple dress which she had been implying all day would be all day would be the wedding dress and as we were leaving the mall I mentioned something along the lines "Oh it took forever to find your dress, you're gonna look so beautiful..." to which she replied, "Oh, that's just the dress I'm wearing to the party we're having after the wedding, you can't see the dress". 

As if I haven't cried enough and poured my feelings out ...  I am hanging up my hat and putting my wall up.

Thank you ladies for your help.

Replies

• crzy4mc
    by crzy4mc
    November 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    Sorry for the type os. I'M ON my cell.
  • DayDreamer1201
    November 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    That's jacked up. id say something. that's not fair to you or your family
  • usmchoney

I'm sorry :(

• MDJennyJen
    I'm sorry, i would be hurt too. But i dont understand, if you're not going and his parents are going who is?
  • QuickMomma
    That's messed up!I would be hurt to
  • turtle07
    November 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    Im sorry
  • momofamamasboy
    November 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    I'm sorry. I'd be very hurt too! It's not your fault and you get punished?
  • BrookeNicole86
    November 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    Wow...that's messed up.

You're a whole lot nicer than I would be. I wouldn't be helping her with dress shopping....
  • ShesALady
    November 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Well they decided to elope then together? It happens and it might suck you can't be there but it's their decision how they get married and if they don't want any one to be there.
  • pinkcoffeecup
    November 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I wasn't at my sisters wedding either. Well wedding number 3.  December 29th 2011 My sister married dh number 3.  She had a quiet little ceremony in her house with her kids and a couple witnesses. She posts on Facebook after the ceremony.  I am married again.  Then some pictures.  For me was not the least bit upset.  This is her 3rd marriage.   What kind of wedding is your sister having.   Or are they just eloping.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts