The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
LCWAmommy
Well now I kind of feel bad!!
November 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I was sitting on the front porch with my 4 year old having coffee and looked up to see a beautiful German Shepard trotting down the middle of the street. It had a collar so I tried to get it to come to me so I could check its tag. Instead it ran into a yard and through hole in the fence. So I knocked on the door to tell the people there that their dog had gotten out. A guy answered the door and I aske if he had a German Shepard and then let him know it had gotten out and was walking down the middle of the street. I told him people drive like Morons down this street and I didn't want the dog to get hit. He said thank you then called the dog who came back through the crack in the fence and told it to get in the house the poor thing was cowering pressed against the house :) I really hope it's just the tone the guy was using and that they don't hit that poor dog it is a really beautiful dog. I know that even though I've never hit my Boston terrier if I talk in the "you're in big trouble voice" he does the little cower and walk by like I beat him so I'm hoping that's the case here too. They really should fix their fence though.

Replies

• Dark_Rain
    November 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I've actually had cats like that! They'd act like they were about to be beat for me telling them to get off the counter or the table lol

• LaughingTattoo
    November 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

My dogs cower all the time when I yell at them and weve never raised a hand at them.

• LCWAmommy
    November 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    That's what I'm hopeing it looked well cared for so.... I just feel bad for getting it in trouble lol but in trouble is better than hit by a car.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

My dogs cower all the time when I yell at them and weve never raised a hand at them.

• LCWAmommy
    November 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Lol I tell my cat to get off the table and he plops his ass down and gives me the "make me" look

Quoting Dark_Rain:

I've actually had cats like that! They'd act like they were about to be beat for me telling them to get off the counter or the table lol

• forsakenjewl24
    November 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Both our pitbull and our boston terrier do the same thing. I mean the aren't bad dogs by any means, just a little trash digging and accident here and then from excitement. But we say "what is that?"  our pitbull lowers his whole body to the ground. and army crawls to his bed, the boston terrier runs to his cage after he lowers his body! lol it's cute but they know they are in trouble. It's hard to not think oh gosh i just hurt your wittle feelings. lol i love my four legged babies! so i hope he isn't one of those mean owners

• mikesmom65270
    November 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

That's probably just a submissive posturing.  Wolves and other wild canines do the same when the Alpha growls at them.

• mikesmom65270
    November 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I had a cat that would walk away meowing that sounded for all the world like a teenager mumbling and grumbling, back talk for sure!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Lol I tell my cat to get off the table and he plops his ass down and gives me the "make me" look

Quoting Dark_Rain:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts