christina0607
Wrapping paper
November 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Replies

• TableforSeven
    November 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I would only buy wrapping paper at the dollar store.  I am certainly not spending a lot of money on something that is just going to be shredded and tossed in the trash.  It would take me all of 2 seconds to find the Hanukkah paper, grab what I need and leave.

• velvetkitty
    November 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I wait until after the holidays and hit up Kmart for clearance wrapping paper.  I have over 20 rolls of wrapping paper from last year alone that I spent about $5 on. 

• MamaBear2cubs
    November 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I buy mine at the Dollar tree. I can find the cutesy character designs and buy a couple rolls for cheap.

• connie45
    November 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    You're funny! Some things I put that much thought into. Not wrapping paper though. Just picture the ripping, shredding and tossing aside of it.

• beaugrl0824
    November 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    I do separate wrapping papers for ds and DD from Santa. Gifts from mommy and daddy are different too. I try to get paper to match their likes that year. This year its Disney and Thomas the train.
  • CampClan
    November 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I just saw something on Pinterest that showed using one specific paper for each member of your family. You wrap things that go in the stockings in that one paper & then the corresponding gifts under the tree so that the receiver knows which gifts belong to him or her.

Ex:

I would use snowmen for my 3yr old, Santas for my 9yo, blue for my 11yo, green for my 13yo, & red for my 16yo. I think it's pretty cute & plan on doing it this year!

ETA: I have so much wrapping paper from previous years that I am definitely using that to wrap gifts this year before having to worry about getting more!

• Justine1123
    November 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    I get whatever my daughter will like.
  • kimber2465
    November 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM

dollar tree!!! then i get after christmas!!!

• notjstanothrmom
    November 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

LOL

I buy three rolls usually. One for each kid so it's easier to just know which is which and then one for other gifts. I do put thought into it but certainly not that much.

• LanasMommy0504
    November 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    This is exactly what we do too. My parents always did it for me and my sister. I don't know what this year's will be yet though.

Quoting beaugrl0824:

I do separate wrapping papers for ds and DD from Santa. Gifts from mommy and daddy are different too. I try to get paper to match their likes that year. This year its Disney and Thomas the train.