The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
christina0607
Wrapping paper
November 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Replies

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Thats why I would never buy it there, it's really not cheaper. And in many cases it's more expensive.

Quoting blondie.mom:

I used to buy dollar tree, then I realized that I'm only getting 20-30ft for $1. I found 220ft at big lots for $6, so we are going to buy a few rolls there that will last us FOREVER :)

• 1plustwinsmommy
    November 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    It takes me a while but I find some. Pretty sure you're above me in the obsession department. I want it all to coordinate and look nice, as it is part of the decor after all. But, I'm also cheap and don't want to spend a lot if money. Coordinating my cheapness takes time!
  • christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

I do it for every present,  lol.

Quoting RLT2:

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

You're right! But when I wrap B-day presents etc, I put the ribbon around the present (like a "classic present") and I usually add little coordinating decorations to the bow with hot glue and make them snazzy. If i had to do that for every single x-mas morning present it would take me a year to wrap them all, plus my kids are little they'd be totally frustrated trying to unwrap all that extra stuff each time. Do you do a lot of wrapping for x-mas morning? Are your kids little or older?

It probably takes me about a month of wrapping everyday while the kids are in school to wrap all the gifts. I'm pretty efficient. the ones that aren't for them I can wrap with them, so those get done when ever.I've already started. I try to wrap them as I get them so it's not overwhelming.

My kids are 12,8 and 7.

• Tesserae
    November 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I take lots of care in my wrapping paper. All patterns must compliment eachother and match in color. Additionally, I buy new tree decorations so as not to clash with the color scheme I have selected that year. Last year, for example, was silver, bronze, & blue. This year I am doing traditional red & green.

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thats really pretty. Mine look similiar, except I try to use 4 different papers. I don't dare show a picture here though, lol.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I like all the gifts to look nice under the tree too :) I love going to Hobby Lobby and getting their big rolls when they are 40% off, which is almost all the time!

Here was the very start last year after I wrapped a few, my dog was just sitting there so I took his picture lol

Then after I got him move lol

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

I do it for every present,  lol.

Quoting RLT2:

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

You're right! But when I wrap B-day presents etc, I put the ribbon around the present (like a "classic present") and I usually add little coordinating decorations to the bow with hot glue and make them snazzy. If i had to do that for every single x-mas morning present it would take me a year to wrap them all, plus my kids are little they'd be totally frustrated trying to unwrap all that extra stuff each time. Do you do a lot of wrapping for x-mas morning? Are your kids little or older?

It probably takes me about a month of wrapping everyday while the kids are in school to wrap all the gifts. I'm pretty efficient. the ones that aren't for them I can wrap with them, so those get done when ever.I've already started. I try to wrap them as I get them so it's not overwhelming.

My kids are 12,8 and 7.

Wow, I bow down to the Wrapping Master! ;)

• hip2it
    by hip2it
    November 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I do the same thing.  And I hit Hobby Lobby before Christmas when it starts going on 1/2 off and stock up.  I always have tons of wrapping paper.

I like it to go together too, yet be different.  I just get what I like and then when Christmas rolls around I've got so much of it that I just pick from what I have.

Quoting velvetkitty:

I wait until after the holidays and hit up Kmart for clearance wrapping paper.  I have over 20 rolls of wrapping paper from last year alone that I spent about $5 on. 

• darcibeisheim
    November 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

i hit up wallgreens thanksgiving sale, buy 1 roll for 2.99 and get 2 free..

• lanceandhailey
    November 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Why not? If you are talking about the number of gifts...trust me, we end up with a ton of gifts under and all around that tree, stacked on top of each other, etc. LOL They kids are rather spoiled...

Quoting christina0607:

Thats really pretty. Mine look similiar, except I try to use 4 different papers. I don't dare show a picture here though, lol.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I like all the gifts to look nice under the tree too :) I love going to Hobby Lobby and getting their big rolls when they are 40% off, which is almost all the time!

Here was the very start last year after I wrapped a few, my dog was just sitting there so I took his picture lol

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Not because of you, because of the rude comments. I've done it in the past and I know exactly what it leads too. My kids aren't spoiled, but we do have some fairly grand xmas's.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Why not? If you are talking about the number of gifts...trust me, we end up with a ton of gifts under and all around that tree, stacked on top of each other, etc. LOL They kids are rather spoiled...

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting lanceandhailey:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN