The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
christina0607
Wrapping paper
November 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Replies

• Lydlou02
    November 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    I buy paper after newyears. I just get whatever I think is cute. It's way cheaper that way.
  • RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

• lanceandhailey
    November 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I like all the gifts to look nice under the tree too :) I love going to Hobby Lobby and getting their big rolls when they are 40% off, which is almost all the time!

Here was the very start last year after I wrapped a few, my dog was just sitting there so I took his picture lol

Then after I got him move lol

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

I do it for every present,  lol.

Quoting RLT2:

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quoting christina0607:

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

Quoting RLT2:

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

You're right! But when I wrap B-day presents etc, I put the ribbon around the present (like a "classic present") and I usually add little coordinating decorations to the bow with hot glue and make them snazzy. If i had to do that for every single x-mas morning present it would take me a year to wrap them all, plus my kids are little they'd be totally frustrated trying to unwrap all that extra stuff each time. Do you do a lot of wrapping for x-mas morning? Are your kids little or older?

• Barronbaby
    November 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    i just buy what each kid likes that year for some of their gifts then grab 2 of the biggest rolls for the rest
  • illinoismommy83
    November 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I don't put much effort into it. I grab rolls with characters that my kids like on them and a couple gold foil type ones for adults and call it good. My youngest is 21 months right now so I certainly can't put any presents under the tree until the time of. When we have company over I will put just their gifts out.

Bleh, even while wrapping my youngest would come over to the pile of "done" ones and start to open them. Wrapped gifts are not a decoration in my house - they are a liability. LOL

• blondie.mom
    November 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    I used to buy dollar tree, then I realized that I'm only getting 20-30ft for $1. I found 220ft at big lots for $6, so we are going to buy a few rolls there that will last us FOREVER :)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts