The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
christina0607
Wrapping paper
November 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Replies

• Lydlou02
    November 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    I buy paper after newyears. I just get whatever I think is cute. It's way cheaper that way.
  • RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

• lanceandhailey
    November 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I like all the gifts to look nice under the tree too :) I love going to Hobby Lobby and getting their big rolls when they are 40% off, which is almost all the time!

Here was the very start last year after I wrapped a few, my dog was just sitting there so I took his picture lol

Then after I got him move lol

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

I do it for every present,  lol.

Quoting RLT2:

I'm the same way BUT, I buy mine from the Dollar Store or after X-mas clearance. I refuse to pay a butt load for wrapping paper. My hubs thinks I'm a nut for how much time i take to coordinate the wrap, bows, even the card & envelope! LOL I don't do that for X-mas morning presents for the kids though, that would take waaaayyyy too much time. I reserve that type of OCD behaviour for "other" people's presents! :)

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quoting christina0607:

I buy it at Taregt, and it really doesn't cost a lot. I spent $10 yesterday and will probably spend $10 more.

Quoting RLT2:

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Even "under the tree" presents? Wow, I'm impressed! You're hardcore LOL. I'm telling my hubby that so he knows there's someone out there crazier than me! ;)

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting RLT2:

Of course. I figure the people who live in my house are just as special as the ones who don't:)

You're right! But when I wrap B-day presents etc, I put the ribbon around the present (like a "classic present") and I usually add little coordinating decorations to the bow with hot glue and make them snazzy. If i had to do that for every single x-mas morning present it would take me a year to wrap them all, plus my kids are little they'd be totally frustrated trying to unwrap all that extra stuff each time. Do you do a lot of wrapping for x-mas morning? Are your kids little or older?

• Barronbaby
    November 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    i just buy what each kid likes that year for some of their gifts then grab 2 of the biggest rolls for the rest
  • illinoismommy83
    November 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I don't put much effort into it. I grab rolls with characters that my kids like on them and a couple gold foil type ones for adults and call it good. My youngest is 21 months right now so I certainly can't put any presents under the tree until the time of. When we have company over I will put just their gifts out.

Bleh, even while wrapping my youngest would come over to the pile of "done" ones and start to open them. Wrapped gifts are not a decoration in my house - they are a liability. LOL

• blondie.mom
    November 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    I used to buy dollar tree, then I realized that I'm only getting 20-30ft for $1. I found 220ft at big lots for $6, so we are going to buy a few rolls there that will last us FOREVER :)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN