The CafeMom Newcomers Club

christina0607
Wrapping paper
November 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Replies

• kattu
    by kattu
    November 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    That's way too much...
  • Schleetle
    November 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    I think it's important so I'll stay there a while to pick what I like, and I won't buy any if I don't think they are cute enough. Also Santa's paper has to be sparkly.
  • GreenEyePixie
    November 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I go to walmart and buy the 4 pack they have. Instant coordination lol.

• carterscutie85
    November 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM

LMAO! Sounds like an addiction to me.

I grab what I like, and I try to make sure I don't have other rolls of that same kind.

But I don't sit there and contrast and compare, seeing if they coordinate, etc lol.

• grey7399
    November 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Hahahaha I'm like you.  I buy wrapping paper that matches the ornaments on the tree or contrasts well. "santa" has paper that is never seen in my house and always has pictures of him on it.

• dolphingurl1286
    November 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

We buy like Disney Princess wrapping paper for our daughter's presents. Then we buy like spiderman or Cars wrapping paper for our son's presents. Then we buy Santa wrapping paper for the gifts from Santa.

• momofsixangels
    November 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Whatever is cheap and cute

• tansyflower
    November 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

i just use the end of a huge newspaper roll that i get for like a buck from the newspaper printers for my wrapping paper and then use christmas stamps!

• Due9
    by Due9
    November 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

It takes me a good minute to decide what I like and what I think the kids will like

• christina0607
    November 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

All of our gifts come from santa, but we always wrap those few really great tings in sparkle paper.

That was my biggest issue, I couldn't find the sparkle paper that would look good with the stuff I've already picked out.

Quoting Schleetle:

I think it's important so I'll stay there a while to pick what I like, and I won't buy any if I don't think they are cute enough. Also Santa's paper has to be sparkly.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN