The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PearlsandWhirls
Does anyone really work from home? Or is it all scams?
November 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I'd really like to work from home, I make and sell my own jewelry but it doesnt bring in enough cash to quit my job.

I see a lot of ads for work at home jobs but they all turn out to be scams.

Anyone know of anything legit that can bring in some extra $$ ?

Shauna

Replies

• bowribbonmama
    November 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Avon, Party Light, Mary Kay.
  • forsakenjewl24
    November 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

scentsy too. but my SO owns his own business and works from home so it is possiable.

• evamy
    by evamy
    November 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hi! My name is Amy and I agree with you. There are sooo many scams out there and I have fell victim to several of them. But, I do work from home and it is 100% legit. I make decent money, still working outside my home for now as well but soon I will no longer have to do so. I am very excited about that! So yes there are legit businesses out there. If you would like to check out EveVenture sometime let me know and I would be happy to share it with you. My email is evamyq@yahoo.com or you can go look at my website http://www.eveventuremamas.com/

• Linds2Horse
    November 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I work from home but don't have one of those "work from home" jobs you see advertised. I have a regular, white collar job for a high tech company, and my manager allows me to work from home 75% of the time.  I only go in to the office when I have meetings.  

• coolmommy2x
    November 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    Same here.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I work from home but don't have one of those "work from home" jobs you see advertised. I have a regular, white collar job for a high tech company, and my manager allows me to work from home 75% of the time.  I only go in to the office when I have meetings.  

• PartyGalAnne
    November 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I work from home. I party full time! :)

• umsarah
    by umsarah
    November 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I work at home as freelance translator, but this really needs a degree as a linguist and a lot of experience. Unfortunately, some people thing that translation is a job any one can do, so I have seen many scandulous mistakes during my work as proofreader.

• davnrori
    November 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I also worked from home as a translator (Korean) and I agree with you 100% that someone has have a degree, or be a native speaker, in order to do the job. 4 years of HS language is not going to cut it and a person could end up making a lot of mistakes. I was a freelance interpreter specializing in medical and law interpreting (Korean) in Hawaii. Did you focus on a specialty area or were you general?

Quoting umsarah:

I work at home as freelance translator, but this really needs a degree as a linguist and a lot of experience. Unfortunately, some people thing that translation is a job any one can do, so I have seen many scandulous mistakes during my work as proofreader.

• Sportbominable
    November 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

My parent's neighbor, who is a friend of ours, works from home. He does something with computers. He has a degree through CHI Institute of Technology. 

• davnrori
    November 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Medical transcription is a job that you can do from home. I'm currently getting my AAS in MT but I've heard that you don't need a degree if you have experience and an ADHI certification.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN