The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kjsaes
Not having insurance sucks!!!!!
by kjsaes
November 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I currently have a mirena that is due to be taken out. As im calling to find out prices, the mirena its self is going to be $830, then the visit to take it out and put a new one in is going to cost me $150. This is an expenssive little thing. But i guess its cheaper then having another baby. 

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

there arent any low cost womens health clinics in your area? 

• heresjohnny
    November 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I agree with PP. Go to a Planned Parenthood if there's one in your area. They provide services on a sliding scale. It'll probably still be a lot, but you might be able to shave off a little of the cost.

• smushy79
    November 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

There should be some type of place that will base costs on a sliding fee scale.

• la_bella_vita
    November 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Can you go to planned parenthood?

• Y2kmomma
    November 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    Yup. Go there!
    My sister got hers, it was 580 after everything (sliding scale fee).
    She pays like $10 a month to pay it off.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Can you go to planned parenthood?

• alwayskk
    November 14, 2012 at 12:56 PM

If you have insurance and are not low-income, what can Planned Parenthood do for you? Won't they just render services and bill your insurance?

Not being snarky...

• Had3girls
    November 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    I had the same issue and found out that the doc that put it in could take it out .... somethin bout it already haing been paid for when they put it in ...... it mite b different depending on states .... it would b worth looking into ..... good luck
  • MissTacoBell
    November 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    If you have insurance you really don't need to go to pp and even less if you're not low income.

Quoting alwayskk:

If you have insurance and are not low-income, what can Planned Parenthood do for you? Won't they just render services and bill your insurance?

Not being snarky...

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    Way cheaper. Check into what planned parenthood would charge.
  • Greenstone920
    November 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM

If you have insurance, they bill your insurance, like any other medical office would, assuming they're "in-network".  

Quoting alwayskk:

Not being snarky...

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts