alouya21
need advise asap edit read the bold
November 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

i am with my so and he treats me like shit, i was wanting to know that if i left him can he take the kids if i have custody of them and he has vistiation on the weekends only. he cant even help us get a place of our own.

i am talking to a real good friend and he can support me and my kids and is willing to let us live with him and not pay a single bill, but the guy i am with right now would rather spend the money then pay bills. please help me i want out but need to know about the custody thing first.

my ds and dd

EDIT

I HAVE CUSTODY OF THE KIDS, HE HAS 3 OTHER KIDS THAT HE DONT EVEN BOTHER TO TAKE CARE OF. WE ARE NOT MARRIED. THE OTHER GUY LOVES MY KIDS. THE ONE I AM WITH HAS A CRIMINAL PAST AND IS ON PROBATION AND DOES NOT EVEN PAY HIS COURT FINES OR CHILD SUPPORT.

Replies

• blsdbyangel07
    November 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    Uhm, im not sure how that works. Do you have a lawyer? Bump and hopefully someone can help you!
  • cjsix
    by cjsix
    November 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

• grey7399
    November 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

ugh - sick to my stomach reading this shit.

but no.  He can't take custody of the kids just because you leave him.  AS long as you can provide a clean home, food, utilities and keep them safe, he can't take them.

Does your "friend" have a criminal past?  That might be an issue if so.

• BamaMommy2
    November 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I have no idea.

Here's a good luck bump!

• 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    November 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM
    Sigh. How about YOU step up to the plate and at least TRY to support your children *INSTEAD* of relying on some man.

Gosh, I hate seeing posts like this. Jumping from one man to the next and dragging your kids along for the ride. Smh .

Do you have a job? Do you have a degree, certification, or skill you can put to use to make money?

You CAN be an independent woman who can provide for her kids without needing to depend on a man.
  • dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    November 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM
    Just because she is letting a friend help her doesn't mean she isn't trying to support her family. SMH at jumping to conclusions.......

Quoting 3xangel:

Sigh. How about YOU step up to the plate and at least TRY to support your children *INSTEAD* of relying on some man.

Gosh, I hate seeing posts like this. Jumping from one man to the next and dragging your kids along for the ride. Smh .

Do you have a job? Do you have a degree, certification, or skill you can put to use to make money?

You CAN be an independent woman who can provide for her kids without needing to depend on a man.

• 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    November 14, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Smh at the lack of personal responsibility some people have. Moving her children in with another man IS NOT her supporting her children.

Quoting dlnimo:

Just because she is letting a friend help her doesn't mean she isn't trying to support her family. SMH at jumping to conclusions.......

Quoting 3xangel:

• k94_B90_b12
    November 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    You all are very rude , if you don't got nothing nice to say bounce.
    Thanks.
    & miss lady he can't unless you prove to the judge that you can provide a safe home for your kids.
  • notjstasocermom
    November 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM

you would have to go to court and get full legal custody, otherwise yes he can take them if he wants and theres nothing you can really do.

• PinkyPan
    November 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Unless you have a custody order in place he can fail to return the children to you with no consequences.