The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
doodlebut
i want to help you *edit*
November 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Ok here's the deal, God has blessed my family greatly this year, I want to share that blessing. Pm me, or write it here with why you need help. How many children, ages, sizes, what they want. I've been burned in the past on here, but I've learned that that's ok. I'm called to bless others and what they do with that blessing after it leaves my hands is not my concern. I will choose the family carefully through prayer. If you see a family on this post that needs help and you feel called to help them, let me know so I can move to the next. How great would it be if we could help a ton of families out?!

* I am blown away that the mommies needing help are only asking for clothes, or a little toy. Is there anyone else that wants to help some of these ladies out with me? Some are asking for help for their loved ones, and not even themselves. Please let me know if you want to help these awesome mommies*

Replies

• lilou
    by lilou
    November 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    Bump
  • notadoormat
    November 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    Bump
  • strictmomhere
    November 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Very nice of u
  • dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    November 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    I don't need help but I know so many families here on the east coast that have been devastated by Sandy. They lost everything to this storm. Maybe look into helping one of those families?
  • doodlebut
    November 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    That's a great idea! Do you know if there's an organization that's doing that?

Quoting dlnimo:

I don't need help but I know so many families here on the east coast that have been devastated by Sandy. They lost everything to this storm. Maybe look into helping one of those families?

• dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    November 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    I'm not sure but I think on FB there is a Sandy Relief page that would have information.

Quoting doodlebut:

That's a great idea! Do you know if there's an organization that's doing that?

Quoting dlnimo:

• jessimicuh
    November 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    Thank you.. My girls have been raised well, they know to be thankful for what they do have. It may not be much, but they do see what a hard job mama and daddy are doing, and they thank us every single day for small things. I love them more than anything, and know that I've been successful as a parent because my kids are blessed and thankful for what they do have. :) Taken the burden off my SO would be amazing, he's begun stressing over Christmas. I told him I'll figure it out. I've been looking for some side work to do - houses to clean, kids to babysit for date nights and whatnot. I know him working will catch us up, it just won't be before Christmas lol. Their young, they'll be ok.. Btw - I just found out Halloween that I have cancer, and I'm pregnant. they did a biospy on me beginning of October and it came back positive for cervical cancer. But its treatable! So dr doesnt want me to work being preg and on these medications.

Quoting doodlebut:

I am so sorry for what you're going through. This is the first year we haven't struggled as well. I have you on my list. God bless you and your family.

Quoting jessimicuh:

I really do need help for my two daughterx this year, their ages 4 1/2 and almost 6. I lost my job in June, their daddy (my SO) just now got a job 2 1/2 wks ago. Its taken every penny we have to catch up on bills and keep our utilities on and our van from being repoed. my children dont need many toys this yr, what they need is clothes. Im sure there's other mamas out there who need the help more than me, but figured i would share my story.

• ilovemyson2002
    November 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

sme here and helped back last christmas 

Quoting SticksnStones:

I have personally been helped once by a fellow CM member and it was so special to me.  Good for you for wanting to help out!  Maybe just keep your eyes open while reading posts, you may find your family without having to sift through so many. 

• Momof2angels88
    November 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    I posted in another post so if I get help from someone I will let the other know. I am a single mom of 2 girls (5&11). In September I had to gave their dad arrested for domestic abuse and 2 weeks later I found out her wasn't paying the bills he said he was after our gas got shut off, I have been trying to catch up on bills since. Our tv went out the end if September and there is no way I can afford a new one. We do have an old tv that we can watch movies on but I can't afford cable and can't find a convertor box so we can watch regular tv. We have watched our movies so much since then that they are "dragging and skipping". We live in Nebraska where it is very cold (we are expecting around 20-27 inches of snow this year). My girls are in need of clothes, my youngest Dd really wants a stuffed puppy in a leash. My oldest is a very girly girl and loves jewelry and lipgloss. Since we have no tv we have been doing LOTS of crafts, my oldest seen that Walmart will be having a jewelry making craft kit for $19.99 on Black Friday (I don't know if you can also get it online or not). They are really good kids and are doing very well in school and I feel so bad that I can't do much for them, I am disabled and am barely being able to pay my bills let alone get extras. I'm trying to finish school (only have 1 more term) but I can only take online classes and my computer also quit working too. I have Internet in my phone but I can't log into classes on it.
    It seems like when one thing messes up everything starts messing up.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts