The CafeMom Newcomers Club

doodlebut
i want to help you *edit*
November 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Ok here's the deal, God has blessed my family greatly this year, I want to share that blessing. Pm me, or write it here with why you need help. How many children, ages, sizes, what they want. I've been burned in the past on here, but I've learned that that's ok. I'm called to bless others and what they do with that blessing after it leaves my hands is not my concern. I will choose the family carefully through prayer. If you see a family on this post that needs help and you feel called to help them, let me know so I can move to the next. How great would it be if we could help a ton of families out?!

* I am blown away that the mommies needing help are only asking for clothes, or a little toy. Is there anyone else that wants to help some of these ladies out with me? Some are asking for help for their loved ones, and not even themselves. Please let me know if you want to help these awesome mommies*

Replies

• demonica29
    November 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    I posted this yesterday on another thread. You people are amazing with your generosity. I know there are those in need of more help that us. We have a roof, food, etc. however, my son broke my heart last night when he asked to make his christmas list. One of the things on it was new clothes. Yeah, that sucks. He has just grown so fast. He practically skipped size 5 and went straight to 6 in bottoms and 6/7 in tops. He could really use another pair or two of jeans and a couple of shirts.

I am a total Goodwill shopper and would be grateful for thrift store clothes, I just don't have time to keep going back and digging through the racks. I usually buy winter clothes in summer and vice versa, but he fooled me this year, LOL. He likes just plain jeans and pretty much plain tops, solid, striped or plaid, not much into character clothes. We are in Phoenix, so we don't wear long sleeves for long, but he does need a few. The other thing he asked for is a blue sonic toy.

Quoting demonica29:

Wow, okay, here goes. I am a 48 year old single mother of a five year old boy. I have been a single om since he was 3 months old and have never gotten a dime in child support. Currently, I am actually in school 30+ hours a week (last week was 36.5) plus I work 20 or so hours a week.

I had planned out going to school meticulously. I had a roommate, another single mom with a son, who was paying me $500 a month plus watching my son on nights and weekends when I had to be at school or work. She moved out with no notice in September while I was at school one day. Apparently, she had gotten a positive preggo test and she and her BF got their own place with the $4000 disability check she had gotten for her son that week.

At this point, I have everything budgeted down to the penny and there is nothing to spare. I can't even take my son to Boston for Christmas, as I have done every year before. Even though my parents will buy a plane ticket, I can't afford the incidentals (like a coat and boots for my son, we live in Phoenix) nor can I afford totale the time off work. I bought him a Christmas present on clearance sale after Halloween, it is a super cool light saber that lights up and makes noises, but I don't think I will be able to do much more.

I know there are people much worse off than we are, we have a roof, food, lights, etc. Still, I am dreading the disappointment I will probably see in my son's eyes on Christmas morning. I try not to burden my child with adult problems, but when I constantly have to say no to things he wants to buy/do I explain as best I can that I am in school to make a better life for both of us, to be able to have a better job and do the fun things we like to do. Not so easy to explain to a five year old.

I will be finished with school around the 20th of January and will go back to full time plus at my current job for the tax season. By April 15 I will have taken my state boards and be licensed and hopefully have a job waiting for me. This is just a super hard few months for us. My poor baby is at kindergarten/daycare an average of 11 hours a day and I would love to make this Christmas as normal for him as possible.

• doodlebut
    November 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    I do that as well. I believe its important to help in my community as well

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Go to your local battered woman's shelter.....contact a local church... contact your children's school help your neighbor...much safer than some random stranger on the net unless the praise is really whats important.

• frndlyfn
    November 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

We are lucky we dont need help this year but will bump this for others who have had a rough year.

• doodlebut
    November 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    My name is Erin to! Praise isn't what I want, trust me.

Quoting doodlebut:

I do that as well. I believe its important to help in my community as well

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Go to your local battered woman's shelter.....contact a local church... contact your children's school help your neighbor...much safer than some random stranger on the net unless the praise is really whats important.

• SticksnStones
    November 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I have personally been helped once by a fellow CM member and it was so special to me.  Good for you for wanting to help out!  Maybe just keep your eyes open while reading posts, you may find your family without having to sift through so many. 

• CreziaMommyTo2
    November 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

they come and go so frequently.. your best bet is to choose someone who has been on CM a long time, and has posts about her life.. but since MC came along its pretty hard because so many ppl post anon

Quoting doodlebut:

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind! Do you know who those ladies are?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

good luck, most of the moms here aren't in need, but say they are for free things....

do your research carefully if you plan on spending money on said families

• MomandWife6
    November 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I think this is a great thing of what you plan to do, I can only say be careful of the trolls and mean moms out there. It's wonderful that you are able to help out another family in need and even better that you want to.

• doodlebut
    November 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    Your story made me cry. You are a strong woman! I'm in AZ as well, its been cold the last few days! I have you on my list. Please know I think you are amazing, and your child is a lucky boy to have you as a mommy.

Quoting demonica29:

I posted this yesterday on another thread. You people are amazing with your generosity. I know there are those in need of more help that us. We have a roof, food, etc. however, my son broke my heart last night when he asked to make his christmas list. One of the things on it was new clothes. Yeah, that sucks. He has just grown so fast. He practically skipped size 5 and went straight to 6 in bottoms and 6/7 in tops. He could really use another pair or two of jeans and a couple of shirts.

I am a total Goodwill shopper and would be grateful for thrift store clothes, I just don't have time to keep going back and digging through the racks. I usually buy winter clothes in summer and vice versa, but he fooled me this year, LOL. He likes just plain jeans and pretty much plain tops, solid, striped or plaid, not much into character clothes. We are in Phoenix, so we don't wear long sleeves for long, but he does need a few. The other thing he asked for is a blue sonic toy.

Quoting demonica29:

Wow, okay, here goes. I am a 48 year old single mother of a five year old boy. I have been a single om since he was 3 months old and have never gotten a dime in child support. Currently, I am actually in school 30+ hours a week (last week was 36.5) plus I work 20 or so hours a week.

I had planned out going to school meticulously. I had a roommate, another single mom with a son, who was paying me $500 a month plus watching my son on nights and weekends when I had to be at school or work. She moved out with no notice in September while I was at school one day. Apparently, she had gotten a positive preggo test and she and her BF got their own place with the $4000 disability check she had gotten for her son that week.

At this point, I have everything budgeted down to the penny and there is nothing to spare. I can't even take my son to Boston for Christmas, as I have done every year before. Even though my parents will buy a plane ticket, I can't afford the incidentals (like a coat and boots for my son, we live in Phoenix) nor can I afford totale the time off work. I bought him a Christmas present on clearance sale after Halloween, it is a super cool light saber that lights up and makes noises, but I don't think I will be able to do much more.

I know there are people much worse off than we are, we have a roof, food, lights, etc. Still, I am dreading the disappointment I will probably see in my son's eyes on Christmas morning. I try not to burden my child with adult problems, but when I constantly have to say no to things he wants to buy/do I explain as best I can that I am in school to make a better life for both of us, to be able to have a better job and do the fun things we like to do. Not so easy to explain to a five year old.

I will be finished with school around the 20th of January and will go back to full time plus at my current job for the tax season. By April 15 I will have taken my state boards and be licensed and hopefully have a job waiting for me. This is just a super hard few months for us. My poor baby is at kindergarten/daycare an average of 11 hours a day and I would love to make this Christmas as normal for him as possible.

• eclipse1984
    November 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Wish I could do the same. And your right god sees your intentions, your trying to bless someone else and that's all that counts ....
  • doodlebut
    November 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    I am so sorry for what you're going through. This is the first year we haven't struggled as well. I have you on my list. God bless you and your family.

Quoting jessimicuh:

I really do need help for my two daughterx this year, their ages 4 1/2 and almost 6. I lost my job in June, their daddy (my SO) just now got a job 2 1/2 wks ago. Its taken every penny we have to catch up on bills and keep our utilities on and our van from being repoed. my children dont need many toys this yr, what they need is clothes. Im sure there's other mamas out there who need the help more than me, but figured i would share my story.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN