The CafeMom Newcomers Club

LCWAmommy
You shot an opossum with what!?
November 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
My husband just came in to tell me he went out to take the trash to the curb and there was an opossum on the front porch squared off with the cat, so instead of trying to scare it off and shooing the cat inside what does he do?
He runs to the garage and gets his bow and arrows from when he was a kid (it's like a cheep compound bow and crooked arrows he used to shoot into hay in his back yard) and shoots the thing from like 3 feet away! And now it's dead in my trashcan yay!
I'm glad he kept my cat from getting hurt and everything but geeze could you get anymore redneck. We live in fricken southern ca!!

Replies

• sarah824
    November 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

That is funny!

• louzannalady
    November 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

He did the right thing! : ) 

• Oceana09
    November 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I had friend once, I took him home from the bar (I got volunteered for DD that night) and the next morning I get a text from him. He got home to find the back door open, so he grabbed a broom and was praying that if someone broke into the house, they left his sleeping wife and kids alone. He checked on the kdis and the wife and figured that maybe she just hadn't got the door shut all the way, went into the kitchen to find a "cat" in the corner (idiot didn't turn on a light, just went off the shadow), so he shooed the thing out of the corner and it took off towards their bedroom. It wasn't until he got in there that he realized what it was. He said it was the fastest moving skunk he'd ever seen in his life and his wife wasn't too happy that she woke up to getting sprayed in the face. 

• hypnautica
    November 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    Rednecks are all over the country. I have seen it first hand lol
  • LCWAmommy
    November 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

He just told me he had to shoot it because the cats a pussy and would lose a fight with an opossum! I think my fluffy butt could take an opossum! His name is chewbacca after all!
  • Fields456
    November 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    We had one in our garage Friday night it was huge I tried to scare it off but it hid dh was going to shoot it when he got home but it left before he did
  • LCWAmommy
    November 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Oh my gosh!!! That would suck so bad!! How would you get that smell out of your bed I'd have to move and buy all new furniture

Quoting Oceana09:

I had friend once, I took him home from the bar (I got volunteered for DD that night) and the next morning I get a text from him. He got home to find the back door open, so he grabbed a broom and was praying that if someone broke into the house, they left his sleeping wife and kids alone. He checked on the kdis and the wife and figured that maybe she just hadn't got the door shut all the way, went into the kitchen to find a "cat" in the corner (idiot didn't turn on a light, just went off the shadow), so he shooed the thing out of the corner and it took off towards their bedroom. It wasn't until he got in there that he realized what it was. He said it was the fastest moving skunk he'd ever seen in his life and his wife wasn't too happy that she woke up to getting sprayed in the face. 

• areid1023
    November 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

honestly this makes me :(. 

i am glad your cat is okay! 

• kansasmom1978
    November 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

we shoot squirrels with air soft guns

• Paperfishies
    November 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    Poor opossum.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups