The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
AlyssaP87
Sleepover with opposite sex at 7 years old in same bed (update)
November 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Hey everyone, I am not fake, I have been on cafemom before but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember any of my info so I made a new one (just got re-married so I needed a fresh start anyways :))

Okay so my step kids just got here from there moms for the weekend and at dinner sd said that her brother had a sleepover last night with the girl he has a crush on at his bm's house. She said they slept in the same bed. He is 6 and the girl was 7. I find this completely and totally inappropriate. Am I wrong?

Update:

So I am reading the responses and just want to clarify a few things. I understand I am the "step mom". I am not poking my nose in her (BM's) business.  I just wanted to get ya'lls opinions to see if I was the only one who see's it wrong..

His older sister also said when she walked into the bedroom the girl was sleeping on top of him!!! I think that's just asking for problems later on in life. It may have been meant to be "innocent" but I just find it totally not okay for them to be sharing a bed!

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am not going to say anything to BM, because I agree with ya'll that it's not my place but if it continues to happen my hubby will address it as he see's fit :)

Replies

• charlie_06
    November 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

No you are not wrong at all, Id be pissed about that and having a talk with the mom. Alittle young to be starting that and the kids thinking its ok with it

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    November 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

That is not appropriate.

• tennisgal
    November 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

F*ck no you're not wrong. Completely inappropriate. 

• sarah824
    November 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I wouldn't allow it.

• mom2the.rescue
    November 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM

what!?!  That is not okay.  Stupid mothers.

• AlyssaP87
    November 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Yeah when they were telling us I was thinking wtf!!!!!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

what!?!  That is not okay.  Stupid mothers.

• AlyssaP87
    November 9, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    And sorry I made this post on my phone so I know the grammar is completely wrong :(
  • BuzyMommy35
    November 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    Gosh I don't even let kids of the opposite sex play in the bedroom past age 7 ( I think it sets the Precedent)
  • shoot4thestars
    November 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yes, it's inappropriate. 

• rose4607
    November 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    No you are not wrong at all. I would never allow that to happen. I realize u are not the mother that did allow that...just sayin'.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN