The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
AlyssaP87
Sleepover with opposite sex at 7 years old in same bed (update)
November 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Hey everyone, I am not fake, I have been on cafemom before but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember any of my info so I made a new one (just got re-married so I needed a fresh start anyways :))

Okay so my step kids just got here from there moms for the weekend and at dinner sd said that her brother had a sleepover last night with the girl he has a crush on at his bm's house. She said they slept in the same bed. He is 6 and the girl was 7. I find this completely and totally inappropriate. Am I wrong?

Update:

So I am reading the responses and just want to clarify a few things. I understand I am the "step mom". I am not poking my nose in her (BM's) business.  I just wanted to get ya'lls opinions to see if I was the only one who see's it wrong..

His older sister also said when she walked into the bedroom the girl was sleeping on top of him!!! I think that's just asking for problems later on in life. It may have been meant to be "innocent" but I just find it totally not okay for them to be sharing a bed!

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am not going to say anything to BM, because I agree with ya'll that it's not my place but if it continues to happen my hubby will address it as he see's fit :)

Replies

• charlie_06
    November 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

No you are not wrong at all, Id be pissed about that and having a talk with the mom. Alittle young to be starting that and the kids thinking its ok with it

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    November 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

That is not appropriate.

• tennisgal
    November 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

F*ck no you're not wrong. Completely inappropriate. 

• sarah824
    November 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I wouldn't allow it.

• mom2the.rescue
    November 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM

what!?!  That is not okay.  Stupid mothers.

• AlyssaP87
    November 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Yeah when they were telling us I was thinking wtf!!!!!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

what!?!  That is not okay.  Stupid mothers.

• AlyssaP87
    November 9, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    And sorry I made this post on my phone so I know the grammar is completely wrong :(
  • BuzyMommy35
    November 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    Gosh I don't even let kids of the opposite sex play in the bedroom past age 7 ( I think it sets the Precedent)
  • shoot4thestars
    November 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yes, it's inappropriate. 

• rose4607
    November 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    No you are not wrong at all. I would never allow that to happen. I realize u are not the mother that did allow that...just sayin'.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts