The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Due9
Do you agree with taxes being raised on households making 250k and above?
by Due9
November 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Basically, because a person makes more money, they should pay more than anyone else...do you agree? Why or why not?

Gross income of less than 100k pays 35% in taxes

Over 100k pays a little more than 35% in taxes, but I can't remember the exact percentage.

Over 250K pays 40% in taxes

Replies

• tennisgal
    November 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM

well, they do pay more than others b/c they make more money.

no i don't think they deserve to be taxed at a higher rate. It's like "you're succesful, so now you get screwed." 

• Due9
    by Due9
    November 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

True. But I guess I should've posted that they pay a different percentage-a higher percentage. Like, under 100K pays 35% and over 250K pays 40%. I forget the bracket rate for between 100k-250k.

Quoting tennisgal:

no i don't think they deserve to be taxed at a higher rate. It's like "you're succesful, so now you get screwed." 

• jamieharper08
    November 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM

No....it makes no damn sense!

• tennisgal
    November 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM

it's okay. i understood what you meant. i don't have the specific numbers to carry on an actual discussion though. 

Quoting Due9:

True. But I guess I should've posted that they pay a different percentage-a higher percentage. Like, under 100K pays 35% and over 250K pays 40%. I forget the bracket rate for between 100k-250k.

Quoting tennisgal:

• KMAsMommy9182
    November 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It should be a straight percentage rate across the board. 

• beadingmom17
    November 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jboTeS9Okak

Check that ^ out
    And, no. I don't agree with them being taxed higher because it's absolutely pointless.
  • ddhb2007
    November 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    No. They already pay far more than their share. A person making $250,000 a year can't afford all of the tax breaks the really rich people do. These people are lawyers, doctors, and small business owners. Why should they work hard only to give it to the government? We've started to look into one of us quitting a job because the second person's income is taxed at 50%. We could avoid almost $50,000 in taxes if my husband stayed home.
  • Tooth_Inspector
    November 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    No, I dont agree with it.
  • LamiavitaDivina
    November 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    No, it's not right! I'm not happy about it at all.
  • Dzyre1115
    November 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I'm actually in favor of a flat tax percentage across the board, no deductions, no filing, unless you get a 1099 and no refunds, for anyone!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts