The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cafe Amanda
What do you dread most about the holidays?
November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - Family stress.
  2. 15% - Gift giving.
  3. 37% - Breaking the budget.
  4. 1% - Party perfection.
  5. 8% - Weight gain.

Replies

• Losing
    by Losing
    November 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Def being able to get gifts. The last couple of years we could only afford gifts for our dd.

• lizglo
    by lizglo
    November 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

The worse part is the total amount I know I'll spend on getting everyone gifts! Also, my husband's picky and has it all already, so he's difficult to shop for!

• BraydensMama163
    November 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    What I hate most is the thought of being shut up in a room for a time with my mil
  • eesmommy
    November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    I dread going to my dh brothers house for thanksgiving. Drama is sure to come in some form and right now my nerves need calm energy not chaos and drama. I hope to gain about 10 lbs over the holidays, I usually lose weight because I am so busy but dh says 10 lbs is a must, so I am going to really try. (Just to clarify, he isn't being mean or controlling he is being very loving. I have had two miscarriages this year and have lost a total of over 30 lbs due to them and he just wants me to be healthy and a healthy weight.)
  • _WC_Mama
    November 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I hate the Holiday's because of

Rude shoppers

breaking my budget

I always end up spending way to much on my Kids when I always say I am ONLY buying them one or two gifts,we also celebrate Hanukkah,I get a lot of Money for Holiday Gifts and I usually blow most of it on my children...

but this yr I will NOT do that!,I just gave away 3 boxes of Toys and they are getting ZERO toys this yr for Gifts....

I pretty much have an idea of what to get them,they will be getting 1 Gift from me on Hanukkah and 1 gift from me on Christmas,no stocking stuffers,no Candy*they have enough from Halloween*.

Other than that the Holiday's are my favorite part of the year

• WendyJR
    by WendyJR
    November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Traveling
  • Crazylovingfam
    November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Family stress. My mil and I don't particularly get along. On my moms side everyone fights and it is going to be worse this year since 3 of my brothers are in jail, 1 has a warrant, 4 of my cousins are in jail and everyone blames everyone else for the cause of that :/ I am thinking about just staying home and avoiding it all.
  • Ireallydontcare
    November 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Having to be with my MIL.

• Ashley_Carlson
    November 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    Having to deal with my grandmother.
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    November 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Christmas. It's overrated and not a part of everyone's beliefs, yet it takes over December like the Nazi regime

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts