Cafe Amanda
What do you dread most about the holidays?
November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - Family stress.
  2. 15% - Gift giving.
  3. 37% - Breaking the budget.
  4. 1% - Party perfection.
  5. 8% - Weight gain.

Replies

• Losing
    by Losing
    November 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Def being able to get gifts. The last couple of years we could only afford gifts for our dd.

• lizglo
    by lizglo
    November 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

The worse part is the total amount I know I'll spend on getting everyone gifts! Also, my husband's picky and has it all already, so he's difficult to shop for!

• BraydensMama163
    November 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    What I hate most is the thought of being shut up in a room for a time with my mil
  • eesmommy
    November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    I dread going to my dh brothers house for thanksgiving. Drama is sure to come in some form and right now my nerves need calm energy not chaos and drama. I hope to gain about 10 lbs over the holidays, I usually lose weight because I am so busy but dh says 10 lbs is a must, so I am going to really try. (Just to clarify, he isn't being mean or controlling he is being very loving. I have had two miscarriages this year and have lost a total of over 30 lbs due to them and he just wants me to be healthy and a healthy weight.)
  • _WC_Mama
    November 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I hate the Holiday's because of

Rude shoppers

breaking my budget

I always end up spending way to much on my Kids when I always say I am ONLY buying them one or two gifts,we also celebrate Hanukkah,I get a lot of Money for Holiday Gifts and I usually blow most of it on my children...

but this yr I will NOT do that!,I just gave away 3 boxes of Toys and they are getting ZERO toys this yr for Gifts....

I pretty much have an idea of what to get them,they will be getting 1 Gift from me on Hanukkah and 1 gift from me on Christmas,no stocking stuffers,no Candy*they have enough from Halloween*.

Other than that the Holiday's are my favorite part of the year

• WendyJR
    by WendyJR
    November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Traveling
  • Crazylovingfam
    November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Family stress. My mil and I don't particularly get along. On my moms side everyone fights and it is going to be worse this year since 3 of my brothers are in jail, 1 has a warrant, 4 of my cousins are in jail and everyone blames everyone else for the cause of that :/ I am thinking about just staying home and avoiding it all.
  • Ireallydontcare
    November 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Having to be with my MIL.

• Ashley_Carlson
    November 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    Having to deal with my grandmother.
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    November 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Christmas. It's overrated and not a part of everyone's beliefs, yet it takes over December like the Nazi regime