The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Amanda
What do you dread most about the holidays?
November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - Family stress.
  2. 15% - Gift giving.
  3. 37% - Breaking the budget.
  4. 1% - Party perfection.
  5. 8% - Weight gain.

Replies

• GodsAmiga
    November 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Family stress. Rather the in-law stress. Lol! I am very uncomfortable around them but of course my husband doesn't always want to go visit them by himself. We're living in Japan now so not nearly so much in-law stress but we're trying to fly back to the states for Christmas so of course we'll be seeing them over the holidays. It'll be more stressful now though because I just want to stay around my family and let him see them by himself or with the kids (no worries-I'm not actually going to do that). I will only be able to see my family for a few weeks and then probably won't see them again for another year (by that time we'll have another child and the baby will already be 9 months old) so I want to make the most of it. Plus my family is a safe environment whereas his family has judged me, lied about me, spread rumors about me, etc so when I'm around them I have to struggle to not shut down and just stay in a secluded corner. But I will do just about anything for my wonderful husband and we get to stay with my parents while we're up there so it really shouldn't be too awful .:-)

• babie113
    November 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

being with my inlaws

• melakay1981
    November 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

There is nothing I dread about the holidays except that I tend to get very emotional because of family members that have passed on.  This year is going to be extra hard because it is the first Thanksgiving/Christmas without my grandma (I have never not spent a holiday away from her) and my daughter was diagnosed with cancer back in July, so I am pretty sure this is going to be a rough one for me, but other than that I love it all. 

• momofsixangels
    November 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Its the first Thanksgiving and Christmas w/o my Mom

• pochaccotx
    November 8, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    The fact I will either be about to deliver, in hospital or have a new born at home and my df invited his family to our house on christmas day. His niece and nephews are loud,disrespectful,always one is sick, steal and break my kids stuff. I will be in hidding and kids rooms will be off limits.
  • gunnbugsmama
    November 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Family Stress. Half the people I see on my fathers side of the family for holidays, is the only time of the year i see them at all and most of them i don't get along with because they are drug addicts and in and out of jail and are raising their kids that way, i don't want my to be subjected to people like that.

• theresaphilly
    November 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Having to deal with my grandmother.

She must be a doozey?

• 1likeme
    by 1likeme
    November 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    The only thing I dread is all of the dishes I will have to wash.
  • kmencl3210
    November 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Family stress, mostly with DS4... his dad and I don't agree on holiday schedule and it has been a huge issue 

• artistmom889
    November 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Disrespect from people just because I am a Christian who is raising my child without a santa or a christmas tree.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts