The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cafe Amanda
What do you dread most about the holidays?
November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - Family stress.
  2. 15% - Gift giving.
  3. 37% - Breaking the budget.
  4. 1% - Party perfection.
  5. 8% - Weight gain.

Replies

• momtolittleg
    November 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Quoting lizglo:

The worse part is the total amount I know I'll spend on getting everyone gifts! Also, my husband's picky and has it all already, so he's difficult to shop for!

God, yes.  We spend so much, but we really enjoy picking out and giving gifts.  My hubby is the HARDEST person to shop for!  

• Fields456
    November 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Having to see my middle sister!

Other than that I'm good I love the holidays
  • Due9
    by Due9
    November 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Since we have moved to a new state, our holidays have just been with our little family and friends. I must say, it has been way less stressful :)

• LucyHarper
    November 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I don't dread anything about the holidays, I love the holidays. We buy what we can afford, so we don't break the budget, and our kids know better then to throw fits over toys, so thats never been a problem. We enjoy ourselves, spend time as a family, do fun things, I don't worry about parties being perfect or cometing with others. It's a fun, stressfree time with my family.

• db1au
    by db1au
    November 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I am the worst gift giver on the face of the planet.  Hate buying gifts for people.  Hate the idea that I "have" to buy gifts for people.  Why can't people just spend what they would spend on buying me a gift, get something for them and we can just call it even.  I hate the holidays.  Hate everything about it.

• PurplePieguy
    November 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM

It's all overrated! 

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    November 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Other : traveling with a baby.
  • jellybeanjean
    November 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Fruitcake. 

I love everything else about the holidays. It's the one time of year that no matter how busy it gets I feel good =)

• edelweiss23
    November 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    In laws.
  • Night_Roane
    November 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I have 9 people expecting gifts from me. I have no idea how I'll do it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN