Savedfromsin79
PRO-CHOICE IS THE EASY STAND!
November 5, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Replies

• Savedfromsin79
    November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting BrookeNicole86:

For a group of people who are supposed to be so righteous and good, it's people like you who give Christians a bad name. Judging people and telling them what they're doing is a sin is not the way to win people over. And if you really want to play by the "because the bible tells me so" game, how many instances were there in the bible where innocent children were killed? Double standard much? It's okay to kill children if GOD says its okay.....

Any Christian I know won't tell you they are righteous. I know they claim that Jesus was righteous. But we all if we are saved know what we had to be saved from.. aka not righteous in the least! Jesus himself says no one is "Good" except God.

I am not trying to win anyone over. I am telling my opinion. Same right as you have! 

Ya many places in the bible innocent blood was spilt. But not by God. Humans who had sin natures did the killing. Some were Jews, Some were gentiles, Some were nations as a whole going to war. So your point?

• Arwyn724
    November 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

A) The tone of your post is haughty, I couldn't care less what your eyes look like.  If that is the level of your reading comprehension, no wonder you think the Bible is logical and non-contradictory.

B)  You make a post that you KNOW will be devisive...aka 'sowing discord'

Are you in fact Christian?  If so, judge not lest you be judged.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

A) HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT MY EYES LOOK LIKE? You have not seen me.

B) I admit there are those who claim to be Christians.. aka brethren WHO I don't agree with. That doesn't mean I sowed ANYTHING. 

I did disagree.. so yes there was discord. In this post I suppose I could be blamed for sowing. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

OP, I feel if you resort to quoting bible verses, you should use the entire thought.

Proverbs 6:16   There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to Him:

6:17  haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

6:18  a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

6:19  a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

I've highlighted the ones you are guilty of, and as there are no degrees of sin, then you are as guilty as anyone else.  So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

Make your own choices, but let everyone else make theirs, also.  Not everyone believes in your God.

I agree there is no degree of sins. I agree I am guilty of much. 

• EsmeVincent
    November 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    For me I think that fight isn't as important as getting that economy in order
  • BrookeNicole86
    November 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    What about when God killed the firstborn in Egypt as one of the plagues...

"On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn — both men and animals —and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD"

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting BrookeNicole86:

For a group of people who are supposed to be so righteous and good, it's people like you who give Christians a bad name. Judging people and telling them what they're doing is a sin is not the way to win people over. And if you really want to play by the "because the bible tells me so" game, how many instances were there in the bible where innocent children were killed? Double standard much? It's okay to kill children if GOD says its okay.....

Any Christian I know won't tell you they are righteous. I know they claim that Jesus was righteous. But we all if we are saved know what we had to be saved from.. aka not righteous in the least! Jesus himself says no one is "Good" except God.

I am not trying to win anyone over. I am telling my opinion. Same right as you have! 

Ya many places in the bible innocent blood was spilt. But not by God. Humans who had sin natures did the killing. Some were Jews, Some were gentiles, Some were nations as a whole going to war. So your point?

• amyleigh80
    November 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

They will never go away.  Everyone thinks they know the answer....

Quoting Megan11587:

Well it didn't take long for these posts to resurface.

• Savedfromsin79
    November 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think everyone knows if you have sex IT MIGHT RESULT IN PREGNANCY! If you don't want to be pregnant.. THEN EITHER HAVE MULTIPLE FORMS OF BIRTH CONTROL including becoming sterilized if you don't ever desire more children OR DON'T HAVE SEX. 

Yes I admit sex is a very pleasureable experiance. But it is not something YOU MUST HAVE! People can live happy furfilled lives without it. 

Not that I am even suggesting that. I am simply stating it is a possiblity!

And do you realize you just said that  "Having an opinion on abortion means you think you have the answers for pregnant women" 

Isn't pro-choice.. an opinion.. isn't that a proposed answer! 

WOW! 

Yes. I think allowing a child to live is a good idea. HELLO! THIS IS CAFEMOM.. We are all supposedly here cause we have children. Which one of your children did you really sit there and think.. OK.. ME HAVING AN OPINION ON KEEPING IT OR NOT KEEPING IT... That apparently is an issue? NO you had that child.. why? Because there is only one choice once you are pregnant. At some point it has to come out of your body.. 

Pro-life says WAIT TILL IT IS ABLE TO LIVE.

Pro-Choice says.. It is ok to take it out when you know it won't live! It is ok to terminate life.

And just so were crystal clear. Scientific definition of "life" is when something is replicating itself. On mars they would classify a mass of cells replicating to be ORGANIC LIFE. 

Why suddenly is it not a life when it is in your uterus??? It just isn't convenient for government, health and scientists to state a life is growing.. Because they are selling the remains of those fetus's to be used in many scientific agencies, they send those fetus's to be used in dna testing. And much else. That is why it is ok for them to suddenly change the definition of "life" in this arena!

If you are so casual about your sexual habits don't make it my problem by claiming I  think I have all the answers. 

A person who is out there sleeping with people and making no plans or protecting themselves from consequences of their own actions are being highly unresponsible. So the problem isn't mine!

Quoting alwayskk:

Yes, you are correct. I am assuming, based on your point of view.

People who are pro life think they have the answers for pregnant women. If they did not think that, they wouldn't have an opinion on making abortion illegal.

If you think abortion should be illegal, then what do you think people should do when they become pregnant with a child they did not want or plan for?

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I have never ever ever said I have the answer to all things.

I have the answer to VERY LITTLE!

Which is why I often get grouched at for quoting others.. 

Again YOUR ASSUMING!

I have not stated any of that. Maybe someone else you know has done so.. I have not! 

• ashleyrenee24
    November 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I don't think anyone can argue that embryos aren't life. All cells in your body has life, even cancer cells.

People really shouldn't debate when life begins. We already know when life begins and it began billions of years ago. What people really should be asking is when sentience begins, which is estimated to be around 23 weeks.

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    November 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Just adding my voice to those who agree with the OP. Stop the killing now!
  • girlw_glasses
    November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

bye bye

• kansasmom1978
    November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I think abortion is murder. But I also think I have no right to tell someone else what they can or cant do with their body. If asked I will try to encourage not to have an abortion. I would never have one myself.