The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SabrenaLeigh
Babysitting for ProAction??!
October 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hi.  I live in New York state and I'm going to be starting to babysit my neighbors kids, one is 3 or 4 and will be full time and the other is 8 and will be after school.  They have the child care thing through ProAction to help them with childcare costs and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what their experience was.  Is it like a regular paying job, do they pay minimum wage or do they have special payment ect?  

Replies

• strictmomhere
    October 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Have no idea heres a bump
  • Savedfromsin79
    October 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have no idea. This is definately not what I had guessed this post was about. 

I live in Ny State also.. But I had never heard of that company. But I am assuming you live either in NYC or near it. 

I live in Rural New York south of Buffalo Ny by about 2 hours. Near the Pa boarder.

• SabrenaLeigh
    November 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No I live near PA too, the southern tier, and proaction is headstart.  Its like government asstance for caregivers

• peanutsmommy1
    November 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    Quoting SabrenaLeigh:

No I live near PA too, the southern tier, and proaction is headstart.  Its like government asstance for caregivers

Headstart is a federally funded preschool, not a childcare subsidy paid to an individual
  • shoot4thestars
    November 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

My coworker would watch her friends kids and get paid through the state.  I'm not sure if there's a name or a company.  All I remember her saying was that she watched her friend's 2 or 3 kids during the day, got paid through the state, and had to fill out a taxform come tax season.  I live in PA, so I don't know if it would be different or not.

• frndlyfn
    November 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If it is through federal funds, you may need to have certification.

• Savedfromsin79
    November 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

1 It appears that your confusing the parent company's of Either Accord for allegany county or Community action for Catteraugus county.. Not sure what other counties call it.. But I am pretty sure that Headstart doesn't pay for daycare. Why? My BFF is a site manager for Headstart. I asked. She said She has never heard of any such program. But it may still be a program of the parent companies which isn't afiliated with headstart..kwim!

2 Which county are you in.. or what town. I live in Rushford.. 

Quoting SabrenaLeigh:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN