The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
MammaPaparazza
Medicaid rewards...chew on this for a while...
October 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
So we had an area rep for one one of the states medicaid providers come in and talk to our doctor..here is what we find out..
Women who get their mammograms are getting 25$ gift cards to someplace.
Moms who keep up their kids appts get vouchers for free groceries..
And if they get physicals on time a fucking xbox!!!
Oh boy are our doctors steaming mad, not only do we help pay for the insurance, but now we are buying xboxes and giving gift cards..as if just getting free medical care isn't enough.
I had to get a job and save my $ to buy my ds an xbox.for his bday...and then I couldnt afford his medication (when I wasnt working) no one wanted to help us with a secondary insurance to help him....
Im.sorry....but I'm pissed, our patients have tattooes, lots of jewerly
and most dress well too....wtf is
going On?

Replies

• singlemom1208
    October 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Wish I had Medicaid.
  • nzumbrun
    October 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    I don't like the rewards. I do see why they are doing it but I don't think its right.
  • MoMofTWOkiddos
    October 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Wow!! Wish I could get Medicaid!!
  • shivasgirl
    October 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

• casah4
    by casah4
    October 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

When I was on Medicaid with DD, all I got was a threat that if I didn't stay on top of her appointments that they'd end my benefits.  The way it should be, IMO.

• MammaPaparazza
    October 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Oh...if you go to your allergist and get shots...you get like 600$ towards allergen pillowcases and bed covers.
    Meanwhile our copay is so high, I eill skip appts until I can afford to go the fucking doctors....THE FUCKKKKK
  • nacholibre
    October 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM

where is this?? I wouldn't hate going to the Dr's if I got an Xbox I could pawn...

• MammaPaparazza
    October 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    Delaware...look it up...there was a lot of mean words going around.

Quoting shivasgirl:

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

• momo3fgr8tteens

It is what it is. I just try to be thankful that I have what I have. Its an imperfect system.

• danandsamsmom

Are you in Louisiana?  We are in Louisiana, DH is a pediatrician.  I have heard about the rewards, but I didn't hear about any as large as an Xbox. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts