The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MammaPaparazza
Medicaid rewards...chew on this for a while...
October 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
So we had an area rep for one one of the states medicaid providers come in and talk to our doctor..here is what we find out..
Women who get their mammograms are getting 25$ gift cards to someplace.
Moms who keep up their kids appts get vouchers for free groceries..
And if they get physicals on time a fucking xbox!!!
Oh boy are our doctors steaming mad, not only do we help pay for the insurance, but now we are buying xboxes and giving gift cards..as if just getting free medical care isn't enough.
I had to get a job and save my $ to buy my ds an xbox.for his bday...and then I couldnt afford his medication (when I wasnt working) no one wanted to help us with a secondary insurance to help him....
Im.sorry....but I'm pissed, our patients have tattooes, lots of jewerly
and most dress well too....wtf is
going On?

Replies

• MammaPaparazza
    October 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    Yeah im all too aware of medicaid rules..i know our pts can't have more then 7 medications without us having to report and approve more.
    But I think these patients should not be rewarded for keeping the appts.
    I think they should be thankful to have coverage at all....and if they are not, then they could get jobs and get insurance that they pay for like everyone else.
    Now I'm not saying all medicaid does this..but ours does...and half the time the patients don't keep their appts because they know we can't charge them no show fees....but anyone who has bcbs or a commercial or hmo ins gets billed a no show fee when they dont show up.

Quoting bakerytreatz16:

My whole family has Medicaid. I've never heard of reward and Medicaid can be a pain in the ass. It took 5 months for my daughters to go through after she was born, they were suppose to compensate me for her bills which they haven't. I'm diabetic, but because of my Medicaid my insulin has to be filled here in tuen and my needles and test strips have to be filled in a town 40 mInutes away. We hav no car and use medical transport, I hav been to a doctor in 5 months for my diabetes. Rescheduled every month, medeise screwed up with the companies and then when I thought of finally get to go they said I was over my yearly limit . THEY COUNTED THE RIDES THE MESSED UP AGAINST MY TIDE LIMIT. I hate having to rely on Medicaid but I can't afford our medical any other way.

• maria295447
    October 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    I'm in tx .. we get a 10 dollar walmart gift card for taking the kids to their yearly appointment.... but seriously that is bad.. an xbox O-o
  • MammaPaparazza
    October 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    Oh yeah..'.taxpayers of course ...because paying for insurance isnt enough ya know.

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

So are the taxpayers paying for the gift cards and xbox's too or where does that money come from?

• nicndetsmom
    October 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    Only if it was a smelly sticker. Lol. I have standards.

Quoting jj_bmom:

I say give em a fucking sticker and a pat on the back...being rewarded for making sure you and your kids are healthy is juvenile.I get free medical for the time being and would certainly NOT accept any "reward " like that...however a sticker would be appreciated lol
  • MammaPaparazza
    October 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Try delaware physicians care.

Quoting shivasgirl:

I googled and found nothing, can you give me a link?

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Delaware...look it up...there was a lot of mean words going around.

Quoting shivasgirl:

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

• Rockabye
    October 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Not here. They just send me a reminder once a year to take DD to Dr.
  • Teeny4121979
    October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    That's funny because I admit it
    My kids have Medicaid and we do not get any of that and everything is up to date with my kids and their physicals and shots are all updated so Maybe its just ur states medicaid cause I never received anything!!!!!
  • MammaPaparazza
    Try delaware physicians care.
    She brought in the print out and when our docs went balistic, her response was "well..see, they still dont show up for appts"
    we now log and fax in all the no shows

Quoting shivasgirl:

I googled and found nothing, can you give me a link?

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Delaware...look it up...there was a lot of mean words going around.

Quoting shivasgirl:

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

• JoshRachelsMAMA
    JRM
    And spanking Is against the law.....

Just more incentives not to work

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Apparently delaware will give you the world.

They make it so no one wants to go to work.

Tomorrow im.gonna see if I can print out the rewards to share.

I think my doctors are going to stop accepting this insurance now in light of this.

Quoting melisawoosley:

My dh lost his job to company setting hours back and while he is hard core searching for a job and I've already gotten one, my children receive Medicaid. Free xboxes and gift cards? Not here lol!

• mizkriz73
    October 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I getmedicare for our kids and I don't get that kind of stuff. Just notes telling me I could get into trouble if I don't take them in.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts