armyvet06
hoarding buried alive
October 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I honestly do not see how people can live in filth. I understand a lot of it is due to phsycological things and events that may have happened in the past. I am not trying to be rude but how can people live like that? It would drive me insane to have bugs and stuff crawling all over the house and to have to walk and live in unsanitary conditions.

Replies

• norahsmommy
    October 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    They really can't see it. It's a mental problem. Dh sees hoarders when he works and they really have no idea what all is in their house.
  • mysonsmom99
    October 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    I know someone who's a hoarder, they have three kids, its disgusting!
  • notjstanothrmom
    October 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM
    It's not something we can understand... they are clearly not thinking right. I feel bad for them... their families especially.
  • armyvet06
    October 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM
    I understand its a mental thing. But im watching an episode where everyone in the house hold knows that what they are living in are unsanitary but they wont do anything about it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

They really can't see it. It's a mental problem. Dh sees hoarders when he works and they really have no idea what all is in their house.
  • RLT2
    by RLT2
    October 7, 2012 at 12:54 AM

the bugs! Oh god, the bugs-shudders

• waffa
    by waffa
    October 7, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I agree.

I have watched Hoarders & Hoarding and cannot, for the life of me, understand how someone lets their home/life get like that.

I am the antithesis of them, my home is sparse in decor and I am of the belief that if I haven't used it, needed it, worn it, thought about in in a year it should go (either give to family/friends or donate); some exceptions like cookware used for holidays and books or dvd's

Quoting armyvet06:

I honestly do not see how people can live in filth. I understand a lot of it is due to phsycological things and events that may have happened in the past. I am not trying to be rude but how can people live like that? It would drive me insane to have bugs and stuff crawling all over the house and to have to walk and live in unsanitary conditions.

• Diamondblue1
    October 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    I guess it's a depression problem i look at hoarders on t.v sometimes i can barely look at some episodes cause it gets really disgusting
  • armyvet06
    October 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    I knew a couple who were both hoarders due to laziness. I could not step foot in their apartment because of all the trash and molding food.

Quoting mysonsmom99:

I know someone who's a hoarder, they have three kids, its disgusting!
  • Apollos82
    October 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    They don't get that way over night--the people or the houses--and sometimes, it just sneaks up.

My mama is displaying classic per-hoarding symptoms because of PTSD....it kills us! :( But she is in therapy and learning and growing. We support her as beat we can. Because of that support, she may heal completely. Without that support, she will not heal.

I see what it takes to fill a house like that. I don't understand how someone can let themselves go to that extreme, but I see it...if that makes any sense...
  • thehickinhickor
    October 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    My mother in law is bad really bad:( she dose not understand or see it. i don't understand how she cannot.