The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
shaunaleigh418
Is this okay?
October 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM

What safety gate do you use at the top of your stairs? I was thinking about this one..

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717764

It says it's pressure mounted but can also be screwed in for added security for top of the stair use. Think this is okay or should I look into something else?

Replies

• Ashley_Carlson
    October 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Looks good to me.

• Sunshine257
    October 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    I would screw it..
  • shadow_lark
    October 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I agree with the pp.  it looks good, but you should definitly screw it in.  Its too easy for little differences in width to make the gate loose enough for baby to push out.

• momma-flynn
    October 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

That looks ok but I would screw it in to be safe. 

• shaunaleigh418
    October 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I'm definitely screwing it in. Just wanted to make sure this seemed like a good gate. Thanks, ladies!

• jeniemarie
    October 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    i have very simalier to that one. it has wallmounts that swcrew into the wall and the the posts fit in them. it works well except you want to keep kids from hanging on it as it tends to bow and loosen. that also depend on how many extra panels you have to put in. just make sure you check it often for bowing or give and make sure you dont tighten to much or you wont be able to open it. ours is like a steel/irom type of make up. weve had it about 4 yrs and really works well. we use ours to seperate the kitchen/bathroom fromthe living room so idk how well it will work on stairs. ours also swings both ways
  • terpmama
    October 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    My only suggestion (cause it looks like one we have) is make sure the opening is big enough for you to get through with a laundry basket!! Easily!!
  • jeniemarie
    October 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    also the bottm support bar on ours come about and inch off the floor and can be a tripping hazard so watch out for that

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN