The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
evilangel198431
a little embarrassing but has anyone tried these?
October 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

okay my neighbors just moved out of their house and they were extremely dirty people. now that they have moved even though we are clean, we got their bugs. has anyone ever tried the things you plug into the wall that are supposed to keep pests away? do they work? we have sprayed a few times now and it doesn't seem to be working at all. does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• evilangel198431
    October 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

many of you are asking what kind of bugs... i didn't want to say it but its roaches. i hate them and it doesn't matter how clean i keep the place

• tairakittie
    October 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    What worked for me? Resident geckos and spiders decided my house was a great all you can eat buffet, I like the spiders and geckos much better. lol Ive tried lots of things, this year alone we have been invaded by palmetto bugs, german cockroaches, silverfish, weevils, and then came the geckos and spiders. O_o Boric acid kills them, mix some in with flour or sugar and set on the counters where the kids/pets cant reach, spread under cabinets, all along the back of the cabinets and floor boards, etc. You can also try diatomecious earth, food grade, but it makes the house dusty. :/ Ive tried lots of thinga, natural and chemical, and seriously the only thing that has helped was the geckos and spiders moving in. :( I really hate living in FL sometimes...
  • creolemom81
    October 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    Use bay leaves under cabinets an in draws . Roaches hate bay leaves
  • Yellowlily333
    October 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i was going to suggest the exterminator, but I see that you already tried that. :( maybe go to your local hardware store and ask what they suggest.

• BlessedMommyNE
    October 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    Do you rent?
  • 2blueeyedboyzz
    October 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    YES! They do work! I purchased mine online through Wal-Mart. They are by Rid-x. I have a 2200square ft home and I have1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. I bought them because we had ants last summer. Drove me nuts! This summer...not one ant!! They really work!!
  • SamanthaSage
    October 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM

We strongly considered it, but we ended up no having to.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts