The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
StoneColdKiller
Do you have IBS and love coffee, TMI I'm sure
April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Okay I have pretty bad IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). Anyways I thought it was the caffiene in coffee that made me run to the bathroom. But I can drink those RockStars without issue. I can also have those iced coffees at coffee stands (I live j. Washington the coffee capital I ain't giving up my coffee).

I drink Folgers and I'm thinking it that maybe the brand to harsh on my system. So I'm asking what do you drink that you found doesn't make you "run"? Coffee brand

Replies

• Homeschoolmom99
    April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I use the gevalia coffee you can get it in stores now its the only one my tummy can handle and Starbucks coffee otherwise I am a running to the potty

• jillbailey26
    April 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I don't have IBS, but I do have that problem with coffee sometimes, lol.  I started cold brewing my (iced) coffee.  Since there's no heat, there's a lot less acidity.  It also tastes better.

I also started eating these Nature Valley Protein bars for breakfast and it seems to have helped too.  I was eating FiberOne bars and it was causing a LOT of trouble, lol.

• saltyalley1227
    April 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Try a lighter grind or less acidic. Try African moon by gavalia
  • 3MonstersMom569
    April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I love coffee too with IBS. I believe it is just from the coffee being a stimulative. I get both sides of IBS so when I need to go, off to Dunkin Donuts I go. But either way it makes me go, coke and energy drinks don't both me, just coffee.

• alwayskk
    April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Coffee is generally a stimulant, so it stimulates your digestive tract as well. Coffee is particularly hard on everyone's digestive tract, not just people with IBS. I'm sure that brands can make a difference.

For me, the brand doesn't make a difference, it is all harsh on my system.

• bebe_ju-rah
    April 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    I can only drink dunkin donuts coffee brewed at home. I can't have milk in it, only creamer. If I go to DD and get a coffee, I'm regretting it! If I drink Foldgers or Max house, etc my tummy is screwed up too! GL I can't live without my coffee either!
  • StoneColdKiller
    April 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Awesome thank you guys, Im going this weekend to get some different coffees and try them out. You guys gave me a good list to start with. I hope it works or atleast lessens it.
  • Josie.Grossie
    April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    All coffee makes my ibs flare up :/
  • Beauty91805
    November 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    I recently had to give up coffee altogether, even after switching to decaf. My ibs flare ups are too terrible to take any chances. I'd do anything for a cup right now, even a crappy one would do!
  • StoneColdKiller
    November 18, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Quoting Beauty91805:

I recently had to give up coffee altogether, even after switching to decaf. My ibs flare ups are too terrible to take any chances. I'd do anything for a cup right now, even a crappy one would do!

I did find that it was the brand, but I have to keep changing ever few weeks. Means its given me a chance to finally try all the different brands out there. I have found this has helped alot and I dont even touch Folgers anymore lol.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts