The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Lillymygirl
THIS is NOT an answer for abortion.
March 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

What a mess. This is scary . I HATE abortion But I LOVE women and they should all have ACCESS to birth control. How did things go so wrong?

The article is extremely long so I am including the link and some pieces of the article. i just think that being pro-life shouldn't mean people cut all funding and availability of BIRT CONTROL , it's wrong and could cause more expensive problems later. Yes I want women to not abort their children but isn't it best, all the way around, if they can get birth control and not get pregnant when they aren't willing to or able to support children? 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-states-slash-birth-control-idUSTRE8240ZM20120305

Mon Mar 5, 2012 10:41am EST

(Reuters) - Even as a national debate rages over contraception insurance, tens of thousands of low-income women and teenagers across the United States have lost access to subsidized birth control as states slash and restructure family planning funds.

the Texas funding cut prompted Planned Parenthood to shut down 11 clinics. It also has jeopardized a $40 million family-planning program run as a Medicaid extension.

The program provides free birth control and annual exams to 130,000 low-income women of reproductive age who don't qualify for regular Medicaid. The federal government pays 90 percent of the cost; Texas puts up just $4 million a year.

About 40 percent of women in the Texas program get subsidized care from Planned Parenthood clinics, but a new state law blocks those clinics from participating. The Obama administration has said that violates federal Medicaid rules. If neither side compromises, the program will likely close by the end of March.

That infuriates Jonee Longoria, a single mother in Houston who relied on the program for free services for several years as she put herself through college. "I had one child living in poverty and I didn't want another," Longoria said.

She now works for a social service agency and refers many clients to the program for contraception. Without it, she said, "where would they go?"

Advocates of defunding Planned Parenthood say they regret any service disruptions for poor women. But they call it a necessary price to pay to take a moral stance on abortion.

"We're just doing what we think is best," said Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life, 

Replies

• kansasmom1978
    June 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I make too far left. But I feel a child has the right to life. If the parents do not want the child, there are thousands of people waiting to adopt. I was not talking about married people. I was speaking of teens and young adults who have repeat abortions over and over because they can't learn. There are types of BC that do work. I was on one that worked until we decided to have another child. My sister is on another that has worked so far for two years. Married people need to take the preventions they can. If they fail then you just have to deal with it. Killing a child because you don't want it is not right in MY OPINION. I understand people have abortions for different reasons. I just don't want people to see it as a way out.

Quoting jessi2girls:

1- your statement "not sleep with someone".. married people are OBVIOUSLY going to sleep together, so your "respect your own bodies" is a shit answer.

2- birth control fails for a number of reasons, condoms break, even natural familly planning prevention can backfire if you have two random ovulation cycles in one month.. it's how our second daughter came to be.. trust me, we weren't being selfish, we were doing basically everything except abstinance to prevent pregnancy after having to have an abortion from a planned child that nearly killed me. You clearly are too far left to see the gray though..

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Yes it is. If you don't want a child, then do what is needed to prevent one. Birth control, condoms whatever. It's not a babies fault their parents are so selfish.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

The answer to abortion is to teach women to respect their bodies. Not sleep with someone if they are not ready to be a parent.  

You do know that there are a lot of MARRIED women who get abortions too right?

How are they not "respecting their bodies"?

It's not about "respecting" their bodies dear! Get a clue!

• babygirl_1012
    July 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM

This is just a bunch of men who want to control women's bodies! It is ridiculous! So they dont want people to have abortions, but they also dont want to give access to birth control to prevent pregnancies, they just want women to abstain from sex. Freaking ridiculous!! I would never have an abortion myself, but it should still be available for anyone who wants or needs one. People should not have to avoid sex so they dont worry about getting pregnant, people should enjoy sex, but safe sex so they arent procreating if they dont want to. I think Texas is so backwards when it comes to womens rights, and when more people end up on welfare because they are having babies they cant afford, then they will really kick themselves in the butt for being so stupid on women's issues.

• Looking2Adopt1
    November 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Been awhile since I've been on but from what I've seen of this post here is my two cents.  The problem with the HHS mandate is that it forces religious organizations, churches, businesses, and individuals to provide abortives, contraception, and abortion options when it is against their religion to do so.  The HHS mandate infringes upon religious freedom in a terrible way!  It should be stopped completely or at least revamped in order to let people have more freedom.  Abortion should be illegal, people should not be FORCED to provide something they don't believe in, marriage should be between man and woman, and we should all be able to exercise our religious freedom and not have the government step all over our beliefs by forcing us to do/provide something we don't believe in!

• areid1023
    November 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM

more freedom is what you want? by outlawing abortion and gay marriage? yeah. sure. makes perfect sense. 

Quoting Looking2Adopt1:

Been awhile since I've been on but from what I've seen of this post here is my two cents.  The problem with the HHS mandate is that it forces religious organizations, churches, businesses, and individuals to provide abortives, contraception, and abortion options when it is against their religion to do so.  The HHS mandate infringes upon religious freedom in a terrible way!  It should be stopped completely or at least revamped in order to let people have more freedom.  Abortion should be illegal, people should not be FORCED to provide something they don't believe in, marriage should be between man and woman, and we should all be able to exercise our religious freedom and not have the government step all over our beliefs by forcing us to do/provide something we don't believe in!

• kansasmom1978
    November 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

condoms are cheap

• ballerina18
    November 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM

bump

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts