Lillymygirl
THIS is NOT an answer for abortion.
March 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

What a mess. This is scary . I HATE abortion But I LOVE women and they should all have ACCESS to birth control. How did things go so wrong?

The article is extremely long so I am including the link and some pieces of the article. i just think that being pro-life shouldn't mean people cut all funding and availability of BIRT CONTROL , it's wrong and could cause more expensive problems later. Yes I want women to not abort their children but isn't it best, all the way around, if they can get birth control and not get pregnant when they aren't willing to or able to support children? 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-states-slash-birth-control-idUSTRE8240ZM20120305

Mon Mar 5, 2012 10:41am EST

(Reuters) - Even as a national debate rages over contraception insurance, tens of thousands of low-income women and teenagers across the United States have lost access to subsidized birth control as states slash and restructure family planning funds.

the Texas funding cut prompted Planned Parenthood to shut down 11 clinics. It also has jeopardized a $40 million family-planning program run as a Medicaid extension.

The program provides free birth control and annual exams to 130,000 low-income women of reproductive age who don't qualify for regular Medicaid. The federal government pays 90 percent of the cost; Texas puts up just $4 million a year.

About 40 percent of women in the Texas program get subsidized care from Planned Parenthood clinics, but a new state law blocks those clinics from participating. The Obama administration has said that violates federal Medicaid rules. If neither side compromises, the program will likely close by the end of March.

That infuriates Jonee Longoria, a single mother in Houston who relied on the program for free services for several years as she put herself through college. "I had one child living in poverty and I didn't want another," Longoria said.

She now works for a social service agency and refers many clients to the program for contraception. Without it, she said, "where would they go?"

Advocates of defunding Planned Parenthood say they regret any service disruptions for poor women. But they call it a necessary price to pay to take a moral stance on abortion.

"We're just doing what we think is best," said Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life, 

Replies

• mothertrucker30
    March 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

tatum2U,  Why am I never surprised to hear how you liberals seem to always make yourselves out to be the victims and christians out to be villains.  Quit lying.  I am a conservative catholic and I am not saying nor is anyone else saying what you are implying.  We have values and beliefs that we should be able to live out without interruption.  I'm not telling anyone how to do anything, so why is it ok for you to make me pay for something that is against my beliefs?  We are simply saying DONT MAKE US PAY FOR IT.  That's all.  But you insist on attacking me.  Why?  Can you not stand the fact that I hold myself up to a higher standard by having self control and don't give into every feel good temptation out there?  Do as you please, just keep me out of your business.  Have your slaughter houses and planned parenthoods, but don't make it law for me to pay for it.  You say you are for women's health, yet birth control and abortion are huge contributors to cancer.  Quit speaking out of both sides of your mouth. (There is nothing healthy about putting chemicals in your body to make it behave against the way nature intended it.)  DO WHAT YOU WANT, BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.... JUST DONT MAKE ME PAY FOR IT.

• Mackenzie40
    March 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

write more !!! 

haahaaa

Quoting mothertrucker30:

tatum2U,  Why am I never surprised to hear how you liberals seem to always make yourselves out to be the victims and christians out to be villains.  Quit lying.  I am a conservative catholic and I am not saying nor is anyone else saying what you are implying.  We have values and beliefs that we should be able to live out without interruption.  I'm not telling anyone how to do anything, so why is it ok for you to make me pay for something that is against my beliefs?  We are simply saying DONT MAKE US PAY FOR IT.  That's all.  But you insist on attacking me.  Why?  Can you not stand the fact that I hold myself up to a higher standard by having self control and don't give into every feel good temptation out there?  Do as you please, just keep me out of your business.  Have your slaughter houses and planned parenthoods, but don't make it law for me to pay for it.  You say you are for women's health, yet birth control and abortion are huge contributors to cancer.  Quit speaking out of both sides of your mouth. (There is nothing healthy about putting chemicals in your body to make it behave against the way nature intended it.)  DO WHAT YOU WANT, BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.... JUST DONT MAKE ME PAY FOR IT.

• Valerie731
    March 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    Again, embryo or fetus....matter of opinion. Either way, pregnancy can and usually does occur.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Misinformation you mean. For starters, it is not a "fetus" at the moment of fertilization.

Quoting Valerie731:

The way the "pill" usually prevents pregnancy is by ending it. The egg is/can be fertilized, however the hormones in the "pill" create such a volatile environment that the fetus is usually aborted before it attaches to wall of the uterus. Every once in a while, a woman gets pregnant while on the "pill", when actually, most women get pregnant, only a very few realize it. Just information...not opinion.

• Mackenzie40
    March 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

embryo and fetus are not interchangeable words , it's not a "matter of opinion".

Quoting Valerie731:

Again, embryo or fetus....matter of opinion. Either way, pregnancy can and usually does occur.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Misinformation you mean. For starters, it is not a "fetus" at the moment of fertilization.

Quoting Valerie731:

The way the "pill" usually prevents pregnancy is by ending it. The egg is/can be fertilized, however the hormones in the "pill" create such a volatile environment that the fetus is usually aborted before it attaches to wall of the uterus. Every once in a while, a woman gets pregnant while on the "pill", when actually, most women get pregnant, only a very few realize it. Just information...not opinion.

• astenken
    March 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Well, I am an accountant, and I do know how to read an annual report.  But, for those of us who aren't quite as familiar with accounting terms, here is a breakdown in layman's terms:

http://www.frcblog.com/2011/12/planned-parenthood-releases-latest-annual-report/  Or another:

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/12/30/planned-parenthood-report-1b-group-gets-46-from-tax-money/

And, according to PP's own web-site, they explicitly state that one way in which the pill works is by changing the endometrium so that a fertilized egg cannot implant, causing an abortion (according to everyone else's definition that life starts at conception and not implantation) :

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm?__utma=1.1437143340.1331076509.1331076509.1331076509.1&__utmb=1.22.10.1331076509&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1331076509.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=planne%20d%20parenthood%20how%20pill%20works&__utmv=-&__utmk=206945171  "The hormones also thin the lining of the uterus. In theory, this could prevent pregnancy by keeping a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus"  AKA abortion.

Most people do not realize that PP has spent millions lobbying to change the definition of when life starts (at conception/fertilization) to implantation, which is mostly impossible after using chemical birth controls/IUDs.  How convenient for their agenda. 

Wake up, people!  Planned Parenthood is all about eugenics and population control of people they consider undesirable.

• astenken
    March 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

A fertilized egg has all of the genteic material it is ever going to have at the moment of conception.  All it needs is time to grow and develop in a safe atmosphere, just like a newborn.

• Mackenzie40
    March 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting astenken:

Well, I am an accountant, and I do know how to read an annual report.  But, for those of us who aren't quite as familiar with accounting terms, here is a breakdown in layman's terms:

http://www.frcblog.com/2011/12/planned-parenthood-releases-latest-annual-report/  Or another:

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/12/30/planned-parenthood-report-1b-group-gets-46-from-tax-money/

And, according to PP's own web-site, they explicitly state that one way in which the pill works is by changing the endometrium so that a fertilized egg cannot implant, causing an abortion (according to everyone else's definition that life starts at conception and not implantation) :

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm?__utma=1.1437143340.1331076509.1331076509.1331076509.1&__utmb=1.22.10.1331076509&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1331076509.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=planne%20d%20parenthood%20how%20pill%20works&__utmv=-&__utmk=206945171  "The hormones also thin the lining of the uterus. In theory, this could prevent pregnancy by keeping a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus"  AKA abortion.

Most people do not realize that PP has spent millions lobbying to change the definition of when life starts (at conception/fertilization) to implantation, which is mostly impossible after using chemical birth controls/IUDs.  How convenient for their agenda. 

Wake up, people!  Planned Parenthood is all about eugenics and population control of people they consider undesirable.

I don't believe that "Life starts at conception" and I know many people who agree . Many people believe it starts at implantation , some even say at first breath and I've also heard "life starts when the heart beats" ..so I would disagree with your assertion that "according to everyone else..."

Eugenics ..really? That's over the far wall , if you catch my meaning.

P.S the post isn't even about birth control , it's about the loss of women's health care which includes birth control but also paps, cancer screenings, diabetes screenings etc etc..

• Mackenzie40
    March 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

How many "babies" do you think get naturally washed out of a women's uterus every year? Never mind the breastfeeding moms. 

Sorry not gonna get choked up over a few cells.

Quoting astenken:

A fertilized egg has all of the genteic material it is ever going to have at the moment of conception.  All it needs is time to grow and develop in a safe atmosphere, just like a newborn.

• astenken
    March 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Yes, there is no logic in society going to Hell in a handbasket since the advent of the pill.  Pope Pius XI warned that birth control would lead to much more abortion, and finally to an acceptance of euthanasia as well as more failed marriages, a breakdown of society as families broke down. All of this has come to pass as people become more and more hardened to their fellow man and become more selfish in their pursuit of pleasure.  Divorce and drug use is higher than ever.  Most children are born into unstable families.  Jails are overcrowded.  Life is grand, and birth control and abortion make it so much better!  Women deserve better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casti_Connubii

• astenken
    March 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

How much do you actually know about the history of Planned Parenthood?  Margaret Sanger was really into eugenics, who thought all blacks, catholics, poor, and people with lower IQ should be forced to stop producing, as they were a drain on society's limited resources.  When she got Martin Luther King on board to promote PP to the poor black communities, it was considered a huge coup.  What she hoped would happen is that all of the poor blacks would eventually die out.  What she convinced him of was that it would help poor black people out of poverty.  Well, clearly, that has not happened. This is all about birth control and why catholic hospitals and schools should have access to a conscience clause.  Catholic Church will never agree to provide abortion/abortifacients nor can they.  They will shut down before ceding to this mandate.  Birth control is not health care. It is bad for women and their children.  Women deserve better.