AquarianPath
Yuck! Found A BUG in my baby's formula!!!!
February 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Pic

Ewww called gerber. They're going to send me coupons for two free cans of formula. This bug was in a brand new can of formula. Nasty.
Oh well. She'll get extra protein and crunch. Yum. Lol
;)

Edit.
I had breast cancer and lost my breasts. Don't see why I need to put that as this isn't about breast feeding.
On my way to johns Hopkins. My responses will be few and far between.

Edit2 - changed title so people don't think I found a penny in the formula.  

Replies

• GomezMami2908
    February 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM

It's not...but it will be turned into one. 

You already know how it is around here lol

Quoting AquarianPath:

Yikes. Didn't think this was a ff vs bf issue. Lol

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Uh oh. 

This will be a shit-storm between FF moms and BF moms.

Good luck! 

• AquarianPath
    February 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Sigh. True. ;)

Quoting GomezMami2908:

It's not...but it will be turned into one. 

You already know how it is around here lol

Quoting AquarianPath:

Yikes. Didn't think this was a ff vs bf issue. Lol

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Uh oh. 

This will be a shit-storm between FF moms and BF moms.

Good luck! 

• Aslen
    by Aslen

bite me. Can't change facts. And the OP is one of those 1-5% that can't BF due to mastectomies. I already TOLD her I wasn't hating, but it does NOT change the fact that, like seraphimsong, the risk of contamination is one reason why i BF. Go f yourself if you don't like it

Quoting brittney28:

Stfu

Quoting Aslen:

Doesn't change anything. And truly, only 1-5% of the etinre world's population truly can't BF. Thye rest either get horrible advice or info, or they just don't

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting seraphimsong:

Sick! That's exactly why I bf!! If I found that I could never being myself to give my child formula again!

I am sure you realize it but just going to say ...not everyone can breastfeed or sometimes it doesn't work out for others.

• 3pippings

Right, ladies! Whoever is going to reply 'That's why I exclusively breastfeed my baby' for this post is kindly asked to push backspace on your keyboard.

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    February 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    Gross! Good thing you found it.
  • OceanGoddess
    February 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    I can't bf I have pcos and my body doesn't produce mIlk. It's actually pretty coming for women with pcos to either make a ton or none at all.

Quoting Aslen:

Doesn't change anything. And truly, only 1-5% of the etinre world's population truly can't BF. Thye rest either get horrible advice or info, or they just don't

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting seraphimsong:

Sick! That's exactly why I bf!! If I found that I could never being myself to give my child formula again!

I am sure you realize it but just going to say ...not everyone can breastfeed or sometimes it doesn't work out for others.

• blsdbyangel07
    February 6, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Eww

• LysNVantesMom
    February 6, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Yeah, um, wouldn't find that in breast milk...So gross, why I call it "crap in a can"  How do you know what goes on in those factories? Not bashing, just bashing factories, they obviously aren't super clean like they should be...

• swesolek6
    February 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    Eww! that kinda looks like a tick...
  • AquarianPath
    February 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    I guess it's the fact that it kinda rubs the fact that I can't bf in my face and I have no choice. I know it's not your intention, but I don't get the "this is why I exclusively bf". I get it. Formula sucks and bugs can be found.

Quoting Aslen:

bite me. Can't change facts. And the OP is one of those 1-5% that can't BF due to mastectomies. I already TOLD her I wasn't hating, but it does NOT change the fact that, like seraphimsong, the risk of contamination is one reason why i BF. Go f yourself if you don't like it

Quoting brittney28:

Stfu

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting seraphimsong: