The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
WesAndNicksMom
is "extreme couponing" stealing?
December 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM
My co-worker was telling me about her friend being angry because he was stuck in line at a store for 30 minutes because the woman in front of him was one of the coupon people. She said he went on a rant about how those people are basically stealing from the stores because they find ways around the policies and they should spend the 30 hours a week they use clipping coupons actually working and pay regular price like everyone else does. He also went on about how it hurts the stores financially and they're ruining everyone getting a good deal because of it.

What are your thoughts? Smart or stealing?

Replies

• pitbulllove2011
    December 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

i don't think it's stealing. i think it just shows that citizens are just doing what they can to save money. there is nothing wrong with that. i have been stuck behind people many times in stores who use coupons right and left. i am kind of envious honestly.

• Mom2Boys9501
    December 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    Smart and I think that guy sounds jealous.
  • RHG
    by RHG
    December 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I think it's GREAT If the bounty is being shared out.  Who needs 4,000 razors in the garage?  If you have so much, share with your friends who are in need, churches, homeless shelters, etc...  When I see the stock piles with hundreds of items just sitting there, it makes me a little angry.

• EndlessSpinning
    December 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    No it isnt. They pay for the newspaper.
  • kikibix
    by kikibix
    December 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

It's smart.  It's only stealing if someone knowingly uses expired coupons or coupons that are meant to be used for different items.  The clerks usually are very picky and should catch errors but I can't help thinking on shows like Extreme Couponing they don't seem to even look at the coupons and misused coupons could slip by.

• ttc_number2
    December 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM
    No ussually its hoarding though
  • allornone

I am not sure if you or your friend know that the store gets a processing fee and the amount of the coupon. So they actually are not losing money unless the coupons are copied or fraudulent.  If the stores were losing money do you really think coupons would still be around after 50+ years? 

• Teeshann

i think it's smart. and couponers don't find ways around the policies. we follow the store's coupon policies. i have a print out of each policy for each store i coupon at in my binder to make sure i'm following that store's rules.

• Hisgirlnow
    December 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Nope, not stealing. He's just a hater who thinks his time is more valuable than someone elses'

I only WISH I could shop like they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• EndlessSpinning
    December 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    I keep a stockpile because I have a family of eight. It isnt always hoarding.

Quoting ttc_number2:

No ussually its hoarding though

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts