The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Elaina_Rose
Has anyone?
November 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Traveled with their infant? If Soo i have a few question's about it. we are planning on taking or first airplane trip with out son in January( he will be 7 months than) and i was wondering if we have to check the stroller and car seat? Do we have to pay to bring them? Also if anyone has stayed at a hotel the night before and took a shuttle to the airport do we bring our car seat and hook it up? or what like i said this is our first time and im dumb founded loll. Please Educate me on this?

Replies

• kylenkodysmom
    November 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    I have no clue, but here's a bump for ya
  • .mysweetmelissa
    November 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    Carseat is free to check, the stroller I took with us and they put it under the plane when we got to the gate.

Eta: I held Melissa in my lap. Her carseat is huge, it wouldn't fit in the airline seat.
  • anotherhalf
    November 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I checked the car seat and they took the stroller as we loaded the plane and we had to pick it up at a different spot than the luggage - I think we picked it up as we were walking out the walkway thing that connects the plane to the terminal. 

I was bf so I did that on takeoff and landing for his ears.  If you bottle feed, I would call to see how they deal with that because I know some liquids aren't allowed.  Anything for your son to suck on (pacifier or whatever) should work. 

I rode in taxis and shuttles with him on my lap.  We did take the car seat for the rental car though.

• Elaina_Rose
    November 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM

okay thank you. that was another thing i breastfeed but didnt know if it was okay to do on the plane?

Quoting anotherhalf:

I checked the car seat and they took the stroller as we loaded the plane and we had to pick it up at a different spot than the luggage - I think we picked it up as we were walking out the walkway thing that connects the plane to the terminal. 

I was bf so I did that on takeoff and landing for his ears.  If you bottle feed, I would call to see how they deal with that because I know some liquids aren't allowed.  Anything for your son to suck on (pacifier or whatever) should work. 

I rode in taxis and shuttles with him on my lap.  We did take the car seat for the rental car though.

• anotherhalf
    November 26, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    I was discreet and no one said anything.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

okay thank you. that was another thing i breastfeed but didnt know if it was okay to do on the plane?

Quoting anotherhalf:

• KairisMama
    November 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I checked my stroller and carrier at the gate, and they took it under the plane. It was waiting for me when I got off the plane.

• .not.angel.
    November 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM

You will need to check your stroller. Did you pay for a seat for your son?

• lovinmyboys...
    November 26, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    Usually you don't have to pay for lapchildren.
  • jjjtuck
    by jjjtuck
    November 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM

depending on the airline i have only flown on delta. but children under two will be on your lap and you don't have to pay for them. You can check the carseat for free and use the stroller which will be checked when you get to the plane.You are encouraged to travel with only as much formula, breast milk, or juice in your carry-on needed to reach your destination. You are allowed to bring gel or liquid-filled teethers, canned, jarred, or processed baby food in your carry-on baggage and aboard your plane. and trust me to save the trip no one will care that you whip out your boob if that means they don't have to listen to a screaming baby the whole plane ride! I assume you can call your hotel and ask if their shuttles will have a carseat or you have to use yours

• Elaina_Rose
    November 26, 2011 at 9:14 PM

We already looked at the tickets i know he flies free just didnt know if we had to pay forthe stroller and car seat. no we are not getting him his own seat he wont sit in it anyways lol soo just better be safe and hold him soo noone has to here him scream. i just didnt wanna bring the stroller and car seat if it was gonna cost us an arm and a leg to check it thansk everyone

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts