The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
jen4121980
The things they say...
October 16, 2007 at 11:05 PM
While I was helping get ready for bed tonight, my 4-year-old told me, "Daddy has a gun... But he won't shoot you because he only shoots flying squirrels."  I have NO IDEA where she pulled that out of... First of all, daddy does NOT have a gun, and I'm pretty sure there are no flying squirrels in Boston.

My 6-year-old got home from school and told me this joke:
- Why do sharks swim in salt water?
- Because if they swam in pepper water they'd be sneezing all the time!

I liked that joke, though. :)

Proud Mommy of Ryan, Alex, Madyson, Jackson, Cole & Gabriella
Proud Step-Mommy to Zachary, Tyler & Isabella

Replies

• barnwell84
    October 16, 2007 at 11:07 PM
    They do say the darndest things.  Can't wait to hear what Catie has to say.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

• HNMomAurea
    October 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM
    Haha that joke is funny and cute. Can't wait to have my child.
  • berlgirl1224
    October 16, 2007 at 11:10 PM
    my son came home from preschool today and kept repeating that "if mommy or daddy falls down the stairs, you have to call emergency."
    i guess they learned that in school today,lol.
    and "i fell down the stairs but you didnt call emergency. why didnt you call emergency mommy?"
    i had to explain that when he fell (like 3 steps,lol) it wasnt bad enouh to call "emergency".
  • CHerman76
    October 16, 2007 at 11:11 PM

I don't know where they come up with this stuff.  It cracks me up!  My son was in the bath with my daughter (younger) and he said, "Mama, where is Kiley's penis?"  I said, "She doesn't have one Honey".  He said, "Oooooh, I know, she needs to get bigger like me and then she'll get one!" 

Take care,
    Christine

• nicole52
    October 16, 2007 at 11:12 PM
    My son recently has been telling me "Calm down Mommy" when Im trying to scold him about something.  He says it so serious I have to turn around so he doesn't see me laugh.  My husband will fart and say "oops a barking spider"....so my son farts in front of my mil, and she says what do you say Caleb?  He says "barking spider".......

• a2z-collins
    October 16, 2007 at 11:18 PM
    one day my daughter was pointing at my shirt to all the letters and asking what they were, "what's that, what's that, what's that"...her favorite question.  well, she pointed to the "o" on my chest and said "what's that", and i said, "it's an o", and she said "no, it's a boob".  and i said, "it's an o", and she said, "no, it's a boob".  i laughed for days about that!!!  she was only two, and of course, that's what she was pointing at, but i didn't realize she knew what a boob was!  funny, funny girl!

• McKennasmom03
    October 16, 2007 at 11:21 PM
    Honestly kids can say anything.My 3 year old keeps insisting I've left her in the car before.And supposedly went shopping. Never happened.lol. She asked one of my gay neighbors if she had a penis or a vagina. That was truly embarrassing. And you can complelely understand her. Her and I are allergic to milk. Well on Saturday she got in bed in the morning with me. And I looked at her toes and started making slurping noises like I was going to eat her toes. Well she was screaming knowing what was coming. She said "no Mama they have milk in them' lol.She told my oldest sons friend that he needed to go take a bath because his feet stunk.Luckily he just laughed. With her you never know what's going to be said. I would some days like to have a mute button on her.Love the joke too.
  • princess_630
    October 16, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Quoting CHerman76:

I don't know where they come up with this stuff.  It cracks me up!  My son was in the bath with my daughter (younger) and he said, "Mama, where is Kiley's penis?"  I said, "She doesn't have one Honey".  He said, "Oooooh, I know, she needs to get bigger like me and then she'll get one!" 

Take care,
    Christine

lol, this is real funny!
  • CHerman76
    October 16, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Quoting McKennasmom03:

Honestly kids can say anything.My 3 year old keeps insisting I've left her in the car before.And supposedly went shopping. Never happened.lol. She asked one of my gay neighbors if she had a penis or a vagina. That was truly embarrassing. And you can complelely understand her. Her and I are allergic to milk. Well on Saturday she got in bed in the morning with me. And I looked at her toes and started making slurping noises like I was going to eat her toes. Well she was screaming knowing what was coming. She said "no Mama they have milk in them' lol.She told my oldest sons friend that he needed to go take a bath because his feet stunk.Luckily he just laughed. With her you never know what's going to be said. I would some days like to have a mute button on her.Love the joke too.
    LOL, she sounds like a lot of fun.

• tealduck
    October 16, 2007 at 11:40 PM
    A couple of years ago,  I was trying to get out of town with my little guy, only it seemed like every time I turned around I was forgetting something at home and  had to go back.  Finally after realizing for the 3rd time, I spouted off angily.  My son asked if I was mad, I told no that I was frustrated, was all.  After go back the 3rd time, we hit the red light, and suddenly I groaned "oh damn"....thats right forgot something else.  My son turned to me and said the exact following.....

"Your not mad, your frustrated!"   That was too much for me....

Earlier this year we had gone to Wal Mart to get some scripts filled.  I told my little guy that we could go look around, it would be a while.  He just said What? as we walked away, I said come on lets look around, they are slow....he what?  I replied, I said they are slow...Then he looked at me with the biggest grin he could and said...."I know you are slow but what did you say to me?"  It was just too much for me to handle, almost literally rolled in the isle laughing with him....My smart a**** little 5 year old got me and good!!! Still laugh on that one.....Where he got it I don't know, must have gotten his dry humor from his Dad and his timing from me.....

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts