The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
college.mom
Sometimes I hate being so pathetic...
June 27, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I hate not having any friends, my husband went to meet some of his friends tonight, which I am fine with, I am just emotional and lonely and sick of this damn social disorder keeping me down.

Replies

• CFWife
    by CFWife
    June 27, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Me too... sometimes.  But Im also antisocial and do not get along well with others, so its understandable.

I just dont do well with stupid people. :(

Have you tried anything like medications or therapy to help?

• pinkbrooklyn
    June 27, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Sorry to hear that.  What social disorder do you have?  Is this part of the reason why you want to have a lot of kids? 

• frndlyfn
    June 27, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Are there any outlets for the anxiety in your area? Do you like to paint or create things?  I dont like being at home or being around people i know so either way it stinks.

• college.mom
    June 27, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Actually no it doesnt.  I have severe social anxiety, I have anxiety attacks in public, especially when it comes to me being the focus like ordering food or trying to meet someone new.  Since we moved to Denver and I know no one here its extremely difficult for me to make friends.  I was on zoloft before I got pregnant but zoloft without therapy doesnt help. I dont have the nerve to go to therapy because I will back out at the last minute due to fear. 

Quoting pinkbrooklyn:

Sorry to hear that.  What social disorder do you have?  Is this part of the reason why you want to have a lot of kids? 

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    June 27, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Sorry that you are having a hard time. 

• college.mom
    June 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I am creatively challenged but I crave an outlet in that area if that makes sense lol.  There are social anxiety groups but I dont have the nerve to do it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are there any outlets for the anxiety in your area? Do you like to paint or create things?  I dont like being at home or being around people i know so either way it stinks.

• scootermom
    June 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Quoting FL2AK:

Sorry that you are having a hard time. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts