strongerthanB4
6 yr old girl kills herself after being sent to her room. OMG!!!! *update*
April 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/6-year-old-oregon-girl-commits-suicide-medical-examiner-says/19428962

I wanted to apologize if I upset ANYONE by posting this. I just thought as mothers we should all read this, so if heaven forbid, that our child someday says something like this, it won't be overlooked as a child being angry for being sent to their room.

Again I am very sorry if I upset, or brought up bad memories for anyone. I just thought it was something that needed to read by all of us.

Replies

• isra1986
    April 7, 2010 at 1:44 AM

That is just horrible :(

• MsDean
    by MsDean
    April 7, 2010 at 1:46 AM

That is so sad. I hope they are wrong but it sounds like they are not. Maybe she was trying to hurt herself but at 7 do they really understand death?

• kiralyn
    by kiralyn
    April 7, 2010 at 1:46 AM

wow...I cannot imagine. That is terribly sad :(

• Radarma
    by Radarma
    April 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM

bump for tomorrow.

Devastating and clearly, something that is going to scare a lot of us mothers.

• Radarma
    by Radarma

Quoting MsDean:

That is so sad. I hope they are wrong but it sounds like they are not. Maybe she was trying to hurt herself but at 7 do they really understand death?

In a word: NO.

• strongerthanB4

I think alot of parents don't realize just how much a child really understands, even at the age of 7. Horrible.

Quoting MsDean:

• strongerthanB4
    April 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

bump

• SamiJ18
    by SamiJ18
    April 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

That is terrible.

• mommaboudreaux
    April 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

How in the world would a 7 year old know that doing that would result in death?  So, so, so sad and so, so, so preventable!!

• babyalysmom
    April 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

very sad