The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
strongerthanB4
6 yr old girl kills herself after being sent to her room. OMG!!!! *update*
April 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/6-year-old-oregon-girl-commits-suicide-medical-examiner-says/19428962

I wanted to apologize if I upset ANYONE by posting this. I just thought as mothers we should all read this, so if heaven forbid, that our child someday says something like this, it won't be overlooked as a child being angry for being sent to their room.

Again I am very sorry if I upset, or brought up bad memories for anyone. I just thought it was something that needed to read by all of us.

Replies

• isra1986
    April 7, 2010 at 1:44 AM

That is just horrible :(

• MsDean
    by MsDean
    April 7, 2010 at 1:46 AM

That is so sad. I hope they are wrong but it sounds like they are not. Maybe she was trying to hurt herself but at 7 do they really understand death?

• kiralyn
    by kiralyn
    April 7, 2010 at 1:46 AM

wow...I cannot imagine. That is terribly sad :(

• Radarma
    by Radarma
    April 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM

bump for tomorrow.

Devastating and clearly, something that is going to scare a lot of us mothers.

• Radarma
    by Radarma

Quoting MsDean:

That is so sad. I hope they are wrong but it sounds like they are not. Maybe she was trying to hurt herself but at 7 do they really understand death?

In a word: NO.

• strongerthanB4

I think alot of parents don't realize just how much a child really understands, even at the age of 7. Horrible.

Quoting MsDean:

• strongerthanB4
    April 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

bump

• SamiJ18
    by SamiJ18
    April 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

That is terrible.

• mommaboudreaux
    April 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

How in the world would a 7 year old know that doing that would result in death?  So, so, so sad and so, so, so preventable!!

• babyalysmom
    April 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

very sad

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN