The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
CTRedSoxMom
I thought this was a joke....
April 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Replies

• Thelmama
    April 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM

yep...me too.  My almost 4 year old weights a whopping 25 maybe 26 lbs with her clothes and shoes on...LOL.  My 9 year old weighs 39 lbs...but he can have no such thing as pedia sure or milk based supplements that would help him add weight and they do not make a soy alternative to pediasure!   I let my youngest drink chocolate milk (she is on soy) and such because she NEEDS the extra calories or can you imagine how tiny she'd be?  I fee my kids healty meals for the most part.....but my kids just are't big.  Even my middle child is in the bottom 10th pecentile. My oldest and my youngest are even on the chart...I hear ya.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I may not have had that, but I had a child with faiure to thrive who is still in the less than 5th % so I know all about weight gain and feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

If you have a child with a feeding tube and very little oral feeding ability there are NO alternatives.

• JADIEBUG
    April 6, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Yes they do make a soy version it is called Bright Beginnings Soy Drink. Exact same thing as pedisure but without the dairy. A Pedi can prescribe it also.

Quoting Thelmama:

yep...me too.  My almost 4 year old weights a whopping 25 maybe 26 lbs with her clothes and shoes on...LOL.  My 9 year old weighs 39 lbs...but he can have no such thing as pedia sure or milk based supplements that would help him add weight and they do not make a soy alternative to pediasure!   I let my youngest drink chocolate milk (she is on soy) and such because she NEEDS the extra calories or can you imagine how tiny she'd be?  I fee my kids healty meals for the most part.....but my kids just are't big.  Even my middle child is in the bottom 10th pecentile. My oldest and my youngest are even on the chart...I hear ya.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I may not have had that, but I had a child with faiure to thrive who is still in the less than 5th % so I know all about weight gain and feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

If you have a child with a feeding tube and very little oral feeding ability there are NO alternatives.

• Thelmama
    April 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM

wow......didn't know this.  They did not have this when my son was little that I am aware of!  I will have to check it out!  I had no idea...thank you.  I haven't seen it anywhere and really had no idea! 

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Yes they do make a soy version it is called Bright Beginnings Soy Drink. Exact same thing as pedisure but without the dairy. A Pedi can prescribe it also.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

• Elijahsmommy508
    April 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM

So if your child needs to gain weight why not offer them a coconut milk smoothie?  It has 14 g. fat per serving.  Throw in some fruit and avacado and you have a great tasting smoothie that's all natural and high in fat and calories.  I think formula is crap and wouldn't give it unless completely necessary and it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe it would be necessary.

• skisbufly1
    April 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM

That's something my child wouldn't even touch, my dd is very picky about what she eats or drinks.

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

So if your child needs to gain weight why not offer them a coconut milk smoothie?  It has 14 g. fat per serving.  Throw in some fruit and avacado and you have a great tasting smoothie that's all natural and high in fat and calories.  I think formula is crap and wouldn't give it unless completely necessary and it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe it would be necessary.

• Elijahsmommy508
    April 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Ever try it?  My son is pretty picky too but he loves them.  At first the only way I could convince him to drink it was if I have him a fun bendy straw. lol

Quoting skisbufly1:

That's something my child wouldn't even touch, my dd is very picky about what she eats or drinks.

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

• clovismommy25
    April 6, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Bitch really?

Breastfeeding  vs chocolate flavored crap in a can?

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• skisbufly1
    April 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Yea she doesn't like Avacoda at all she barely like fruits and veggies, she's a meat eater. And the only milk she drinks is whole milk or chocolate milk. She just doesn't like them. Maybe when she gets older who knows.

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

Ever try it?  My son is pretty picky too but he loves them.  At first the only way I could convince him to drink it was if I have him a fun bendy straw. lol

Quoting skisbufly1:

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

• Elijahsmommy508
    April 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM

You could sneak the avacado in because you really can't taste it (seriously! lol) and you could use whole milk but since she doesn't like fruit it would be an issue. lol

Quoting skisbufly1:

Yea she doesn't like Avacoda at all she barely like fruits and veggies, she's a meat eater. And the only milk she drinks is whole milk or chocolate milk. She just doesn't like them. Maybe when she gets older who knows.

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

Quoting skisbufly1:

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

• OneToughMami
    April 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM

My daughter doesn't like coconut that's why lol...

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN