The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
CTRedSoxMom
I thought this was a joke....
April 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Replies

• JADIEBUG
    April 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM

You would be surprised. Pediatricians recommend it often. My son was Failure To thrive and we were prescribed cases of formula and Pedisure.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

If there is a medical reason, I do not see a problem with it as long as it is prescribed. I just cant say I see a pediatrician recommending something along those lines. I know mine wouldn't.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

• La-Belle-Vie

Nothing really.  But I think they are all loaded with sugar and is not necessary for young children.

I feel I am the parent and I am setting up my son's eating and drinking habits so he does not get any of those things.  I think he has only had chocolate milk once at his mimi's house. 

Quoting JADIEBUG:

What is the difference between this product and flavored Pedisure and Essure? NONE. Some parents give their toddlers Pedisure all the time.

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

Lol, I love it when people comment on something they did not look at.

It is chocolate flavored FORMULA for toddlers

"

That's why we created new Enfagrow PREMIUM Chocolate with Triple Health Guardâ„¢. With more nutrition than milk, Omega-3 DHA, prebiotics, and a great tasting chocolate flavor he'll love, you can help be sure he's getting the nutrition he still needs even after he outgrows infant formula.

"

• Kays_Mama06

I didn't even realize what was wrong with the picture until I read the comments.. LOL!

Hey.. Some babies don't like regular formula.. Maybe they use a scoop of this to help the parents and the baby out..

• CTRedSoxMom

I never put my children on cow's milk either way because of the issues with it. I guess to each their own, I just find it sad that there is actually a product out there like this.

Quoting Shauna71904:

so 12 isnt any more than 19??? I mean 12 seems too high as well wouldn't you think? and to moms who swap kids to whole milk at 12 months OFHHHHHH I BET THAT UNLEASHES AN ARGUMENT hahaha the devil women, they are subjecting their kids to obesity as well right? because whole milk as 12 grams of sugar?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Its an accessive amount of sugar for one serving for a child. That is my point.

Quoting Shauna71904:

ugh ok and whole milk has 12.83 what's your point dear?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• mommy_cpm
    April 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Pediatricians recommend Pediasure all the time.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

If there is a medical reason, I do not see a problem with it as long as it is prescribed. I just cant say I see a pediatrician recommending something along those lines. I know mine wouldn't.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

• skisbufly1
    April 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Well mine did...

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Quoting mommy_cpm:

• CTRedSoxMom
    April 6, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I am not disputing that they don't. I just know that mine would recommend alternatives before something of this nature.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

Pediatricians recommend Pediasure all the time.

• Simply_Janeen
    April 6, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Definitely not something I'll ever use, I'll stick to full-term breastfeeding. I never used pediasure either or pedialyte for that matter.

BUT, the next time some person on here says that I shouldn't breastfeed my todder because kids are off of formula by a year, I'll be sure to point this out.

• night.magic
    April 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM

How much does it have, if any? Just wondering.Do you know?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Breastmilk doesn't have 19g of sugar per serving.

• amber_1024
    April 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I guess I don't see anything wrong with it... It still has nutrients and everything...  May have a little more sugar, but in moderation I guess i don't see it as harmful...

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN