CTRedSoxMom
I thought this was a joke....
April 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Replies

• Jadegirl1819
    April 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I find comments like this interesting.  Do you give your child yogurt?  Have you ever looked at what the sugar content is?  Flavored stuff is really high and many have high fructose corn syrup.  Granola bars?  Same thing.  Cold cereal or flavored hot cereal?  Fruit Juice? 

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• HouseKatof2
    April 6, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Quoting jbrown:

When my dd was a TODDLER, I gave her Enfagrow, but it was not chocolate. They do make a regular flavor, and vanilla.  My child did not have any feeding issues, but I felt it was better for her than milk. I also gave her Gerber Graduates instead of table food.  She did not get milk or our regular meals until she was 2.  EVERYONE thought I was nuts, but my dd is 6 now and is a very healthy, happy, active child, so I must have done something right. :)

This is a good point.

So many are obsessing over the chocolate flavor that they aren't bothering to understand that it is not only available in chocolate.

Just like Pediasure can be bought in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry & banana.

As I mentioned before, my son was on "Next Step Toddler" soy formula after a year, and Pediasure after that. He will be 15 next month and is healthy, happy and wonderful!

• McKs0820
    April 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM

sounds good lol, I'm sure lots of moms give they're children nestle quick and stuff like that this is just a safer and more nutritious alternative to chocolate milk.

• frndlyfn
    April 6, 2010 at 3:57 PM

It looks like a powdered form of pediasure to me which I can see children who wont drink regular milk may benefit from all the added things.

• Christi9834
    April 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I can't believe some people can actually start an argument over chocolate flavored formula....who cares if they have it. Don't like it, then don't give it to your kids its that simple.

• TempestRayne
    April 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM

and the diff between this and pediasure is..........

• Avabliss
    April 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Omg.

Way to McChange everything in north america.

• WildKat
    by WildKat
    April 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM

You should send a can to Jamie Oliver.  I'd pay money to watch him go off on the makers of that.

Peace,

Kat

• WildKat
    by WildKat
    April 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I give my kids all those things and you'd better believe I scrutinize the ingredients.  Yogurt - Light and Fit has the lowest sugar and is available in 60-calorie packs.  Granola bars - I get organic cereal bars where the sugar comes from actual fruit.  Cereal is Kix, Chex, or Cheerios, not cocoa-anything or sugary crap.  Oatmeal I get the lower-sugar'ed kind and dillute it with plain.  VRUIT juice has veggies and fruit juice, and I believe no added sugar.  (It's in the organic aisle.)  My kids don't drink soda and have candy (ugh) on Halloween and Easter.

Peace,

Kat

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

I find comments like this interesting.  Do you give your child yogurt?  Have you ever looked at what the sugar content is?  Flavored stuff is really high and many have high fructose corn syrup.  Granola bars?  Same thing.  Cold cereal or flavored hot cereal?  Fruit Juice? 

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• elly25
    by elly25
    April 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM

It's for toddlers.It's like the powdered form of Pediasure.I don't see what the big deal is.