The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CTRedSoxMom
I thought this was a joke....
April 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Replies

• amayabrianna
    April 6, 2010 at 10:44 AM

The difference actually depends on what types of sugars they are. Are they monosaccharides, poly saccharides? WHat types of sugar. I actually couldn't find the ingredient list for this product (thoguh I didn't look too hard). If someone has it I would be more than willing to look at it. But as long as they are the correct sugars then no there is no difference in which one they get. This or formula is just a more controlled form of what your child is getting. You really can't be positive how much calories or sugars or carbs etc... your child is getting from BM but from products like these you can be. I am not bashing BF but just stating the facts.

Quoting TessB:

Good lord people, keep the font down...MY EYES!!

honest question...isn't there a difference in sugars naturally occurring in bm than in formula or this stuff?

• JSVDP
    by JSVDP
    April 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM

its healthy chocoloate milk for TODDLERS...I dont see it for babies.  I dont see the big deal, its better than using sugary powder or syrup.

• mommymichael
    April 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM

my son is a picky eater too, and you know what? it was coming down to crap crap and crap that he would only eat. i got rid of all of the crap in our house and surprise!! he's eating veggies and all the things he wouldn't touch before. a kid won't starve themselves. don't give them the choice to eat unhealthy items and their "pickiness" will begin to fade.

no one is disputing that kids with weight issues need things with higher calories. but the US is a country with obesity problems, and this is doing nothing to help it. For the more mainstream moms whose kids have no weight issues.. this is not a healthy poduct. granted all things in moderation, but really?? i see quite a few obese kids these days.. i don't think moms are moderating anything.

someone mentioned milk having 12 grams of sugar. really?? milk. you're comparing milk to formula with crap sugar in it and nutrients added in? milk having sugar is natural. i doubt they add sugar to milk. if they do, then i stand corrected.

• skisbufly1
    April 6, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    Quoting 4munchkinmommy:

That's absolutely disgusting. And what's even worse is that I know there are parents who would think that's ok to give to their toddler.

Why wouldn't be ok, worry about what you feed your kids. You obviously didnt read any of the previous post because some kids need this.

• JSVDP
    by JSVDP
    April 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM

you guys did see its for toddlers not babies right?? did any of you read that part??  it says TODDLER right on the container.  would you rather give them sugary chocolate powder instead??  AGAIN ITS FOR TODDLERS

• JADIEBUG

Some kids will starve themselves. my son would...That is why we have a feeding tube. He doesn't get the option of not getting nutrition.

Quoting mommymichael:

my son is a picky eater too, and you know what? it was coming down to crap crap and crap that he would only eat. i got rid of all of the crap in our house and surprise!! he's eating veggies and all the things he wouldn't touch before. a kid won't starve themselves. don't give them the choice to eat unhealthy items and their "pickiness" will begin to fade.

no one is disputing that kids with weight issues need things with higher calories. but the US is a country with obesity problems, and this is doing nothing to help it. For the more mainstream moms whose kids have no weight issues.. this is not a healthy poduct. granted all things in moderation, but really?? i see quite a few obese kids these days.. i don't think moms are moderating anything.

someone mentioned milk having 12 grams of sugar. really?? milk. you're comparing milk to formula with crap sugar in it and nutrients added in? milk having sugar is natural. i doubt they add sugar to milk. if they do, then i stand corrected.

• mommymichael

not to be rude... but we get it. the OP wasn't posting it to rip into moms whose kids have feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

90% of the time my son is tube feed. 10% of the time he gets drinks like Pedisure orally and that was a struggle to get him even to that point. He rarely will touch a solid orally. He is 2. We are in feeding therapy...But there is a need for products like this.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Nope, I haven't, and I can't argue that point because I haven't been there.  I would like to think that there would be other options.  My kids wouldn't drink regular milk for a while once they had a taste of chocolate, but they went back to it when they realized they didn't have a choice.  I do realize that all children are different as well.  I'll just go to saying, it's not right for my kids and others can do what they please.  That's what it's all about anyway.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

You never had a child with severe feeding issues, huh? If that is all you can get them to take orally...I bet you would give it.

• SxyPanamami83
    April 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM

seriosuly who cares? i would buy it for my daughter but nestle and 2% milk is what she loves. oh wait all the formula is bad for your kids moms are gonna have a bitch fit

• JADIEBUG
    April 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM

But that is exactly who this product is generally for are kids with feeding issues.

Quoting mommymichael:

not to be rude... but we get it. the OP wasn't posting it to rip into moms whose kids have feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

90% of the time my son is tube feed. 10% of the time he gets drinks like Pedisure orally and that was a struggle to get him even to that point. He rarely will touch a solid orally. He is 2. We are in feeding therapy...But there is a need for products like this.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Nope, I haven't, and I can't argue that point because I haven't been there.  I would like to think that there would be other options.  My kids wouldn't drink regular milk for a while once they had a taste of chocolate, but they went back to it when they realized they didn't have a choice.  I do realize that all children are different as well.  I'll just go to saying, it's not right for my kids and others can do what they please.  That's what it's all about anyway.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

You never had a child with severe feeding issues, huh? If that is all you can get them to take orally...I bet you would give it.

• mommymichael
    April 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM

where does it say that? does it come with a prescription, or can you buy it off the shelf?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN