CTRedSoxMom
I thought this was a joke....
April 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Replies

• Aydans_Mommy
    April 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I'd give it to my son. I give him chocolat milk and he's NOT fat at all.

• babie113
    April 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM

i agree with you ......yuk

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• StrayMom
    April 6, 2010 at 10:39 AM

She isnt trying to put down breastmilk, she is making a counterpoint to all the people who are saying that the sugar content in the formula is so much higher than breastmilk.

You are actually supporting her argument, a little sugar in the breastmilk or the formula is not inherently a BAD thing.

Quoting insunshine:

BABIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOTS OF CALORIES!!!! LOL! Thats why there is alot in breastmilk! It grows babies! babies who breastfeed dont need restricted calories!!!! LOL! Its okay to feed one year olds whole milk! You crack me up! Trying to put down breastmilk!

Quoting amayabrianna:

OK for everyone that says that your BM doesn't have that much sugar here you go:

"Oligosaccharides (small sugar chains larger than lactose) are unique to human breast milk. These small sugar chains are present in amounts as high as 18 grams per litre of breast milk which is much higher than protein at 10 to 12 gram per litre. The most common sugars making up these short chains are N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, sialic acid (a 9 carbon amino sugar) and fucose. Fifteen percent of the sugar content is protein bound and 85% is free in the form of oligosaccharides, with chain lengths varying from 3 to 11 units1." 

• amayabrianna
    April 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Actually I never once put down breast milk. Please show me where I did. I simply replied to the fact that so many were saying that sugar was not in BM. And since when do BF babies have any different nutritional requirements than FF babies? What is the difference in a baby getting the same calories from BM or FF? As long as that baby is happy and healthy then why bash either one? Oh and when did I say it was ok to feed your babies whole milk? Please Please Please show me where I ever said any of this!!!! Both of my DDs drink skim milk and have since they turned 2, before that they drank 1 or 2%. Never whole milk!!! But since I said all those things please show me where I said it!!

Quoting insunshine:

BABIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOTS OF CALORIES!!!! LOL! Thats why there is alot in breastmilk! It grows babies! babies who breastfeed dont need restricted calories!!!! LOL! Its okay to feed one year olds whole milk! You crack me up! Trying to put down breastmilk!

Quoting amayabrianna:

OK for everyone that says that your BM doesn't have that much sugar here you go:

"Oligosaccharides (small sugar chains larger than lactose) are unique to human breast milk. These small sugar chains are present in amounts as high as 18 grams per litre of breast milk which is much higher than protein at 10 to 12 gram per litre. The most common sugars making up these short chains are N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, sialic acid (a 9 carbon amino sugar) and fucose. Fifteen percent of the sugar content is protein bound and 85% is free in the form of oligosaccharides, with chain lengths varying from 3 to 11 units1." 

• TessB
    by TessB
    April 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Good lord people, keep the font down...MY EYES!!

honest question...isn't there a difference in sugars naturally occurring in bm than in formula or this stuff?

Quoting StrayMom:

She isnt trying to put down breastmilk, she is making a counterpoint to all the people who are saying that the sugar content in the formula is so much higher than breastmilk.

You are actually supporting her argument, a little sugar in the breastmilk or the formula is not inherently a BAD thing.

Quoting insunshine:

Quoting amayabrianna:

• amanda357

Will it ever end?  I am so tired of people picking arguments over formula!!

• insunshine

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. I didnt read all the other replies, it looked like an attack on breastmilk and its calories. SORRY BRIANA!

Quoting StrayMom:

Quoting insunshine:

Quoting amayabrianna:

• Phenomemom
    April 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Or that are high in good calories that they will actually eat. When your child has fallen completely off the growth charts for weight, you do what you gotta do.

Quoting TessB:

My oldest has growth hormone deficiency and gets a shot of GH every night...he is also on a high calorie diet. This is a easy way for calories, but like everything else that is high calorie, it is full of sugar and/or fat! It is so hard to find things that are healthy and high in calories. At least with this they get the nutrients as well!

Quoting Phenomemom:

Not to mention that some toddlers have growth issues and NEED a high caloric intake. I have one.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

• amanda357
    April 6, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I dont see what is wrong with it.  So do none of you give your kids chocolate milk?

• 4munchkinmommy
    April 6, 2010 at 10:43 AM

That's absolutely disgusting. And what's even worse is that I know there are parents who would think that's ok to give to their toddler.