The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
brittany89
plz help potty training question
January 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM
So im gonna start pottytraining my 23 month old dd. Shes rly intrested in the potty and will pee on it and say potty. Anyone have some tips or tricks. How often should I take her to he potty.

Replies

• darcyk10
    January 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

they have potty watches at leapsandbounds.com. my dd is also 23 months after naps and wake ups have worked wonders for us.

• GracieLullaby27
    January 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM

My best piece of advice...don't use pull ups!!! I told my DS that he only had X amount of dipaers left everyday and once they were gone, he had to start going on the potty. I was a nervous wreck the first day without diapers...and yes he had a couple of accidents...but he got the point! he was pretty much potty trained with in 2 weeks. I stayed home as much as possible the first week, which was easy since I was unemployed at the time. We had a sticker chart too that worked great, and the first week he got through with zero accidents during the day( and he only had a couple at night that week) he got to go to the store and pick out a couple motorcycle toys as a reward. he'd wanted motorcycles for a while and i still tear up at the look of pure joy that lit up his face when he got to the store and saw the motorcycles he got to choose from. I was very lucky and blessed with DS and his potty training. I hope the same for you!!!

• brittany89
    January 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    Yea im not using pull ups just doing underwear
  • Iconoclast
    January 3, 2010 at 10:26 PM

My son has been difficult mainly because I work so I haven't been able to be 100% on top of it.  My daughter was easy we got her some 'pretty panties'  with characters on them and told her to not soil them.  I also would put her on the potty when I went to the bathroom to show her how a big girl does it.  She was so excited to have her big girl underwear and really took to the potty.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts