The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
MalreeRose1208
s/o off how did you tell DH....how did you tell friends?
December 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Its funny to hear the stories of how you told DH or SO that you were preggo. But, how did you tell your friends?

I have a funny story about how my friends found out.

I worked in a bar before I was preggo, and apparently my friends mom has mentioned something to her and her brother about how my breasts had gotten bigger and she was wondering if I was preggo...didnt hear this until after I knew I was preggo.

Anyways, I had gone in for my shift and went to go walk behind the bar and my bestfriend (who is also a barteder there..) looked at me funny (i must have been a little teary still)..and said.. 'Whats up?" and I just looked at her and kinda mouthed "im pregnant"...she litterally dropped to her knees and started crying, She started calling people right away,..and after the 3rd call, turned and looked at me and said "does Mikey know?"...lol...

Replies

• kk_bella
    December 14, 2009 at 11:58 PM

LOL

With baby #1, I called my best friend and asked her to sit down. She said "Oh shit, you're pregnant".

I called my other best friend (the one with kids) and I said well you're not alone any more. LMFAO!

With baby #2, I called the first chick and said, I'm sorry but the name Sebastian is taken, you can't have it.

I called my other best friend and said "My husband has super sperm just like yours!!"

• kk_bella
    December 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Oh, and when I got pregnant with my first, I was also bartending. At one of the places I worked, I used to drink on the job a lot with my customers. it was like a big family there.
    So one day, they were all there, I figured it was the perfect time.

I poured them all a shot and someone said I needed one, so I took a shot glass and filled it with water and said, "To babies!!" and downed it. LOL They're drunks so it took them a minute.

• MalreeRose1208
    December 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM

lol, those are great!

my friend got preggo, and called me and left a message....i have something to tell you.

so, i drove to her work, and said your either moving, or your pregnant (i was already  3 1/2 months along at this point.) her mouth dropped and said, both. lol

Quoting kk_bella:

LOL

With baby #1, I called my best friend and asked her to sit down. She said "Oh shit, you're pregnant".

I called my other best friend (the one with kids) and I said well you're not alone any more. LMFAO!

With baby #2, I called the first chick and said, I'm sorry but the name Sebastian is taken, you can't have it.

I called my other best friend and said "My husband has super sperm just like yours!!"

• MalreeRose1208
    December 15, 2009 at 12:02 AM

lol! thats awesome too.

i hs said i was going to have my last drink and smoke that day..and one of the guys laughed and said "ha, ive said that before!"..and my friend was like, no you dont get it...shes pregnant..lmao

Quoting kk_bella:

Oh, and when I got pregnant with my first, I was also bartending. At one of the places I worked, I used to drink on the job a lot with my customers. it was like a big family there.
    So one day, they were all there, I figured it was the perfect time.

I poured them all a shot and someone said I needed one, so I took a shot glass and filled it with water and said, "To babies!!" and downed it. LOL They're drunks so it took them a minute.

• wilms_baby2007
    December 15, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I hadnt seen my one friend in a long time and she came in town and i walked out to her car and said my pants are tight and i have lossed 15 lbs. i think im prego and she looked at me and said you think honey you are... and My other friend i looked at her and said well honey you have a baby to spoil and she just looked at me( shes blonde) and it took her a couple seconds and she started screaming im going to be an aunt and man she is one hell of a great aunt to my son...

• usmclife58
    December 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I made a post on CM. The title said "I am switching spaghetti sauces!"

And then in the post: "From RAGu to PREGO!!"

I changed my FB and MS status to "NC is with child".

I didn't feel like making phone calls, lol!

• PollyMarie
    December 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM

We were trying to keep it quiet due to the miscarriages before.  I had just told my DH in the ER when he took me in for kidney stones.  One of our nosey neighbors was apparently somewhere in the ER and overheard the doctor talking and went and started blabbing.  I hate that bitch!

• Johicks
    by Johicks
    December 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I just kinda casually told her (she is Erin's godmother :-) ). She was in shock and really got happy lol. Right away, I got things from her lol. I'm using the drying rack and pacifier holders she got for Erin which really comes in handy.

I told my fiance about it and it didn't really come as a shock to him because he felt in his heart I was pregnant. I was just acting really weird; crying, taking naps and I NEVERRRR take naps and eating lucky charms for a week, missed period and eating tons lol. And of course...the infamous "glow" gave me away and my body was all fluffy haha.

I sent a picture of a pregnancy test showing positive to my fiance's email and he showed it to his mother and asked her what it was. She said it's a pregnancy test. And my fiance was like "Yea...and it's POSITIVE!" lol. She was in tears and gave him a huge hug lol. She was like "Oh, Craig!" It was really touching.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts