The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ziggyswifeof5
I need some input on something
October 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM

O.k. so here is what i need input on.... My dh bought me a digital camera last year for christmas and it was a samsung which no big deal i am didnt really care what namebrand it was i just needed a camera... so we started to use it in Dec and by March it had quit working... it wouldnt turn on or anything the lens was stuck out and now it is stuck in.  I called the company in March and they told me they would send me an envelope to send it back to get fixed... well about 5 weeks went by and still no envelope so i called back and they proceed to tell me that my warranty ran out 2 days ago and that i would have to pay to get it fixed... I threw a fit and got nowhere of course... so now here i am looking to purchase a new one... So what i would like to know is what name brand would you suggest me buying this time so that i am not wasting anymore money?

Replies

• TheTaoOfKim
    October 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I own a cannon powershot, it is my 3rd actually. 1st was stolen, 2nd DH dropped on our HM in the pool....

I love my camera. I bought my neice a Sony Cybershot and it is a very cool camera too! 

• Aidensmomma27
    October 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I have a Canon Powershot and I LOVE IT! I have had it for 3Yrs. its easy its small it works great and it takes wonderful pictures!!

• ImHisMommy
    October 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I also have a Canon Powershot.  I've had it about two years and it still works great. 

• texassahm
    October 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I've had my Cybershot for about 18 mos and the flash won't turn on any more.  We have to buy a new camera and I'm going back to Kodak.  I had an Easy Share that lasted forever and took great pictures and movies - but it took a swim in a sink full of water and of course stopped working...I had no $$, so had to buy what was available at an electronic store where I had store credit - got the Cybershot and Although I like that it takes longer movies, It's not as easy to use, and I don't think the pics are as good as the Kodak.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/list/Digital_Cameras/categoryID.28887600?cm_mmc=Google_MarketForce-_-Store-_-Kodak%20Camera-_-kodak%20digital%20camera

Quoting TheTaoOfKim:

I own a cannon powershot, it is my 3rd actually. 1st was stolen, 2nd DH dropped on our HM in the pool....

I love my camera. I bought my neice a Sony Cybershot and it is a very cool camera too! 

• enchantingspa
    October 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I will say best digital's I have had that are pretty reasonably priced is kodaks and poloraid.  I will say do not buy an HP we bought my son one and not even a month in it broke and no it was not dropped or misused the on/off button broke and they refused to fix it saying it was not covered under warranty I was like it is only a month old and had only been used twice before this happened.  One of our bigger dollar kodaks is over 4 years old and still going strong it is used often.  I think hubby spent 500.00 on it.  The other two are cheaper ones and hubby uses his at work and all the time I paid like 99.00 for it and it is till going strong with no problems (we bought the HP at the same time).  We bought the other one to replace my sons HP last year he is constantly using it everywhere and all the time still going strong and this one we bought is a rechargable it goes for ever before it has to be recharged.  I think we paid like 119.00 on sale for it.  I said poloraid on this as well my very first one was a 40.00 poloraid that lasted us over 7 years I just recently had to toss it because it broke.  Good luck on what ever you decide to get.  I will see if I can find the models online for you if you would like too of the kodaks we have.

• MissKrystal
    October 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Hey, I think we got the same POS camera! Same thing happened to mine! Got it for Christmas too, Samsung, nothing special, and by May it wasn't working. My DH graduated from the Federal Law Enforcement Academy and the stupid thing lost EVERY single picture I had from that day. Every single one. Keeps telling me file corrupt. I have changed memory cards. I have AAARRGGH! My best friend has the Cyber Shot. I loved it when she was here. The picture quality was so much better. And it was affordable-ish! Pretty sure it isn't going to eat my pictures too.

• enchantingspa
    October 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM

This is what we got my son it was on sale and I think I just saw it on sale not long ago for 119.00 but here is the link for his.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/M380_Digital_Camera/productID.145093200

This one is simular to hubbys but it is an upgraded model his is no longer made but it was the same price I paid for his.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kodak+-+EasyShare+10.2-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Teal/9329675.p?id=1218085896762&skuId=9329675&st=kodak%20c613

HTH

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts