Fruit & Vegetable Gardening

joanandgene
Gardening by the Moon
October 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I just heard a talk at the Mother Earth News festival in Seven Springs, PA about gardening by the moon.  Does anyone follow it?

Replies

• NWP
    by NWP
    October 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM

My neighbor did. She swore by it. Learned it from her grandpa. I don't know much about it. 

• nosborne
    October 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I heard of it last year from my sister.  She tried it a couple years ago, and swears by it.  I haven't looked into it though.

• joanandgene
    October 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I just finished planting my garlic bulbs today.  According to the moon calendar which you can get for free over the Internet, today is a good day for planting bulbs.  Any kind of bulbs or perennials.  I planted garlic a few years ago in the fall and they grew but not to the large size I wanted.  Who knew you have to start w/large bulbs and peal the skin off to start these off. Oh well,  I think I did it right this time.                                   Time will tell................

• Kilhara
    by Kilhara
    October 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I think about it occasionally, but I garden when I have the spare time, so gardening by the moon consistently doesn't really work for me, and I have not really noticed a difference when I do manage it, but then again I don't keep good records either.

Fruit & Vegetable Gardening

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN