Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
lonelymoon
How old is too old
October 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
My 11 year old ds still insists on me tucking him in every night for bed. My dh thinks it's time to stop. I will tuck him in until he is ready to stop. How old is too old? I feel like they are only kids for such a short while!

Replies

• frndlyfn
    October 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I would continue to tuck him in if that helps bedtime run smoother.  Your son will tell you when it is time to stop.  I am presuming he does not call out during the night if covers get kicked off to be retucked.

• lonelymoon
    October 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    Lol no. & It's a quick tuck in "goodnite bunny, love u sleep good" and a kiss.
  • frndlyfn
    October 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM

see that is no big deal.   I would rather make these memories for child to use in times when they feel insecure as an adult than turn to drugs or alcohol.   My dd is 7 but will follow her lead for bedtime.  We usually do a story, hugs, i tuck in her babies with her and then leave room.

Quoting lonelymoon:

Lol no. & It's a quick tuck in "goodnite bunny, love u sleep good" and a kiss.

• janitablue
    October 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I think that is wonderful and I like the idea that you still tuck your son. My nine year old son make sure he says good night to me and my husband. 

• aetrom
    by aetrom
    October 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    As long as they let you... These days are passing quickly!
  • TroyboysMom
    October 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM

My Ds is 9, and we still have a bedtime routine. We'll stop when he tells us he doesn't need it anymore. 

• lonelymoon
    October 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    Nice to know I'm not alone here! ;)
  • mickstinator
    October 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    If it's not an unhealthy dependence, but a quick little sweet moment, I'd stick with it, too!
  • coolmommy2x
    October 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    DS is 13 and still wants to be tucked in. For him, that means makes the bed after he gets in (the way he likes it) and rub his back. DH and I still do it because when it's just one of us and him, he opens up more (especially to DH) and I think he likes the one-on-one time. I do too.
  • cupcake_mom
    October 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Until they no longer want it.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN