Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
lonelymoon
How old is too old
October 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
My 11 year old ds still insists on me tucking him in every night for bed. My dh thinks it's time to stop. I will tuck him in until he is ready to stop. How old is too old? I feel like they are only kids for such a short while!

Replies

• frndlyfn
    October 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I would continue to tuck him in if that helps bedtime run smoother.  Your son will tell you when it is time to stop.  I am presuming he does not call out during the night if covers get kicked off to be retucked.

• lonelymoon
    October 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    Lol no. & It's a quick tuck in "goodnite bunny, love u sleep good" and a kiss.
  • frndlyfn
    October 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM

see that is no big deal.   I would rather make these memories for child to use in times when they feel insecure as an adult than turn to drugs or alcohol.   My dd is 7 but will follow her lead for bedtime.  We usually do a story, hugs, i tuck in her babies with her and then leave room.

Quoting lonelymoon:

Lol no. & It's a quick tuck in "goodnite bunny, love u sleep good" and a kiss.

• janitablue
    October 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I think that is wonderful and I like the idea that you still tuck your son. My nine year old son make sure he says good night to me and my husband. 

• aetrom
    by aetrom
    October 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    As long as they let you... These days are passing quickly!
  • TroyboysMom
    October 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM

My Ds is 9, and we still have a bedtime routine. We'll stop when he tells us he doesn't need it anymore. 

• lonelymoon
    October 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    Nice to know I'm not alone here! ;)
  • mickstinator
    October 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    If it's not an unhealthy dependence, but a quick little sweet moment, I'd stick with it, too!
  • coolmommy2x
    October 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    DS is 13 and still wants to be tucked in. For him, that means makes the bed after he gets in (the way he likes it) and rub his back. DH and I still do it because when it's just one of us and him, he opens up more (especially to DH) and I think he likes the one-on-one time. I do too.
  • cupcake_mom
    October 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Until they no longer want it.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts