Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
CampClan
Fall Break??
September 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Talking to this single dad from church & he tells me his boys have the last week in October off of school. They live in Michigan, we live in Ohio. I just asked if they are on fall break or something. But I have never heard of this! I know there is winter break (usually around Christmas) & spring break. But I have never heard of fall break (which he just confirmed it is fall break).

Anyone have this in their area? What area do you live in?

Replies

• DaisyRae
    September 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

• Angelanscalf89
    September 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    I live in michigan and I have never heard of this....
  • Txlisa7969
    September 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I live in Texas and we don't have a Fall break per say but they do get the entire week of Thanksgiving off.  Back when I was in school (a VERY long time ago) we got out early the Wednesday before and then had Thursday and Friday off. 

• CampClan
    September 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Yeah we have that too but we call it Thanksgiving Break. LOL

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I live in Texas and we don't have a Fall break per say but they do get the entire week of Thanksgiving off.  Back when I was in school (a VERY long time ago) we got out early the Wednesday before and then had Thursday and Friday off. 

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    September 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

In MN, we get a 4 day weekend in October for the teachers to go to a teachers conference (many of them don't go, though).  I've never thought of it as a fall break, but it is one.

For the last 20 years, my grandma, aunts & I did a ladies weekend for that weekend (my sisters & cousins have started joining us the last couple years).

• CampClan
    September 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hmmmm not quite sure where this guy's boys live but we live in central Ohio & he says it's a 3 hour drive up there to get them.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

• mommaFruFru
    September 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    we live in southern indiana and get 2 weeks off for fall break.

My sdd lives in ky and only gets 2 days off :)

Quoting DaisyRae:

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

• motherslove82
    September 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

We get a week  in October, a week in November (for Thanksgiving), two weeks in December, 1.5 weeks in February and a week in April. They call it year round school. I love it.

• Angelanscalf89
    September 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    Idk I live in metro detroit Im approximately 3 hours from toledo.

Quoting CampClan:

Hmmmm not quite sure where this guy's boys live but we live in central Ohio & he says it's a 3 hour drive up there to get them.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

• lovingmommy4316
    September 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    I live in Georgia and we have... fall break, thanksgiving break, Christmas break,winter break( February ), and spring break.
    I am like. Wtf ? All we had was thanksgiving,Christmas,and spring break !

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts