Reina13
Does your state have a tax free weekend?
by Reina13
July 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Does your state have a tax free weekend for back to school shopping?

Do you do any shopping during that weekend? 

Replies

• IhartU
    by IhartU
    July 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I live in Pennsylvania. We don't pay taxes on clothing so people from Ohio, New York and even Cananda come here to shop for school.

• sahmw2010
    July 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    No clue, this will he my first school year here. I know back in LA they did
  • mommaFruFru
    July 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Nope, and neither do the 2 states we border.. Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio
  • mcginnisc
    July 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Yes..it is AFTER school starts...smh.. 

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

• sahmw2010
    July 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I have to buy new uniforms for both girls this year, so I was *hoping* it would be before school starts, but...it is the weekend after it starts for us. Yeah..because that is helpful. LOL 

• mcginnisc
    July 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well who's the brainiac behind that stupidity?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Some moron in the GA gov't. LOL ... I was baffled when I saw that the other day online. They aren't even advertising it. I just happened to think about it when I was in FL a week ago and decided to do some googling. It took a few minutes, but I found it on some obscure site. My girls go back on August 5th and the TF weekend is the 9-10th...idiocy at its best. Right? 

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    July 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Uh, that makes no sense at all...Why have TFW at all, if it is after school starts? 

Quoting mcginnisc:

• jen113000
    July 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    No idea. Never heard about it until hearing people on CM talk about it.
  • pj2becca21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

No! I live in commiefornia. we don't get tax free anything.

If were did I would hit that up 

• TJFBGMommy
    July 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We don't, but we don't ever have a sales tax anyway.  

It irritates me though that we get our school supply list 2 weeks after school starts. When all the good sales are done.  I try to get stuff I know will be on the the list, but there are always a few suprises that I have to pay way too much money for.