Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
Idntreallycare
I'm a bad mom, I don't like playdates (update, 2nd comment on 3rd page)
April 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Ok, I don't mind pawning my child off elsewhere for a playdate, but having them at my house isn't all that exciting for me. 

Today was my son's first official playdate that wasn't with family. A neighbor rode his bike over, and after talking to his mom, he wound up in my backyard for about 1/2 hour. Then we walked him home and they played at his house for like 1/2 hour. I feel like a bad mom because I guess I don't really like this kid. He used to hit and kick my son on the bus. My son really wants to play with him so I finally gave in. He wasn't bad, I just can't get over the fact that he has hit my child on more than one occasion.

As we were leaving, the child was asking to come back to play again tomorrow. I feel kinda bad making up excuses to give a 6 y/o

Replies

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Your not a bad mom, BUT I think your son is old enough to pick his own friends.

• Idntreallycare
    April 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I do think he can decide who he plays with, I just kinda don't like this kid. I mean, he has been a bully to my child in the past.... I need to get past it because today he wasn't bad. I just.... dammit, that kid hit mine and that bugs me. 

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I understand, but clearly your son has forgotten it and so you need to let it go too.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I do think he can decide who he plays with, I just kinda don't like this kid. I mean, he has been a bully to my child in the past.... I need to get past it because today he wasn't bad. I just.... dammit, that kid hit mine and that bugs me. 

• Idntreallycare
    April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I'm trying, I am.... this was probably my first real interaction with the kid. We were playing in the back yard and he kept asking to come inside to play with my son's toys.... understandable, I'd want to play with new toys too. 

Quoting mjande4:

I understand, but clearly your son has forgotten it and so you need to let it go too.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

• sweetleanne
    April 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I take it that this is your only child, because siblings fight like cats and dogs , then play like nothing ever happened. It is very stressfull for most parents in general.

• Idntreallycare
    April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

with his cousins, I see them argue and it's fine.... I dunno why it's different with other kids

Quoting sweetleanne:

I take it that this is your only child, because siblings fight like cats and dogs , then play like nothing ever happened. It is very stressfull for most parents in general.

• frndlyfn
    April 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Honestly  I think you are holding on to the past too much.  I have known many people to beat up someone and then later on they become the best of friends.  It is a quirk of humanity being able to forgive and move on from the negative times.  I go through it with girls since i have a dd.  One minute they are fighting and then the next they do not want to leave each other.   This age is like being on a roller coaster.

• Idntreallycare
    April 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

this is featured? ok then, lol

• KairisMama
    April 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    I love when my DDS friend comes over. They entertain themselves for HOURS AND HOURS. I actually get more chill time. ;)
  • mlb456
    by mlb456
    April 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    This!!!!!! Lol

Quoting KairisMama:

I love when my DDS friend comes over. They entertain themselves for HOURS AND HOURS. I actually get more chill time. ;)

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN