Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
janitablue
Why do we have homework on spring break?
March 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

That is what my son said. His teacher told his classmates to enjoy their spring break, but she gave the students a packet of work to do for their homework during spring break.  He said how I am going to enjoy my spring break when I have homework to do.  I told don't feel bad I have homework too. I have no problem with my son 's teacher giving homework during spring break.

Do you think children should get homework during their spring break? Why or Why not ?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    March 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I know dd needs it during the break.  It helps maintain their concepts they have looked at over the school year.

• momtomiles
    March 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    I never gave homework over spring break, but I don't think it's a bad thing.
  • diaperstodating
    March 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I am not  fan of having homework during Spring Break.

• maxswolfsuit
    Max
    March 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have given homework over the break and I have not given work. 

If I do it's only a few minutes a day if that. 

I don't always do it because it's usually the strong students who do it. The ones who really need the practice don't bother anyway. It's a shame more kids don't have the support from home they need. 

• mommytoeandb
    March 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    We've never gotten HW over break (1st and 4th grades). We went to Disney in Oct. and they did the work the teachers sent along. Their normal HW doesn't take long, so it wouldn't bother me.
  • KristenFowles
    March 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Yeah absolutely. 

Keep them fresh in their curriculum!!

• kmrtigger
    March 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    My kids wouldn't mind. It takes about half an hour to do the homework. So it's something they could when they feel bored or the night before heading back from spring break. Mine only have three in a half days off so they didn't get any homework.
  • ddhb2007
    March 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    I believe spring break should be family time. I would tolerate a journaling project over the break, but they shouldn't be doing busywork.
  • lwalker270
    March 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I'm glad they don't have homework over spring break.  We all need a break.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    March 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM

My DS wouldn't have homework over his spring break (which consists of 2 days, Good Friday & Easter Monday) except that he got behind on his classwork.  So his teacher sent home his work so he can get caught up - and get a little ahead potentially (she said one side of handwriting didn't need to be done but he could do it if he wanted to get ahead).

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN