Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
nova.mommy
Science Fair, UGH!
March 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM

DD has a project for the science fair.  The fair is tomorrow(Thursday).  She was sick Saturday night, all Sunday and early Monday morning.  She vomited a few times Sunday and early morning Monday(4:30ish am).  Monday she stayed home.  Tuesday she felt fine in the morning and it had been more than 24 hours since she got sick.  She went to school.  But then, about 10 minutes before school was over, the school called me.  She had just vomited and wanted me to get her.  She did vomit last night about 7-8 pm.  Today she stayed home.  I can see she is feeling better, as her mood is much improved, she is even fighting with her little brother(LOL).  Oh and she had a low grade fever for a bit on Sunday but not since.

The science fair is Thursday.  We finished 95% of it on Saturday.  Just need to finish pasting pictures onto the display board.  on the off chance she doesn't go to school tomorrow, should I take her project to the school?  Will they set it up or do I need to?  I can go at the end to clean it up.

This may be a mute point because as I write this, she is doing much better and unless something drastically changes she will be going to school.

Replies

• Pukalani79
    March 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Hmm.  Good question.  Can you message or call her teacher and ask what she'd prefer?

• sahmw2010
    March 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

i dont know about your school system, but the one we dealt with at Polk LA it had to be set up by the student. and if they were sick, they failed. and if they got a 3rd place or higher, the parent had to drive them to reginoals and finals however fair they kept placing. even when that finals is 4hours away. they had to be there or they failed. hope your school isnt like that

• Barabell
    March 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I hope it's a mute point, but I'd call the school to see what they recommend. At my son's science fair, he's interviewed by two volunteer judges to see if he understands the project and explains it well. Just being set up without the child there wouldn't help anything. I'm not sure what the science teacher does for sick kids, but my guess is there is a make-up day for that.

• GotSomeKids
    March 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I would just call/email and ask the teacher.  I think it depends on the grade level too.  When my son was in 3rd grade, I had to bring it up anyway just because the board was too big for him to carry.  But, once it was set up (5 minutes) it was pretty much self explanatory.

Meanwhile, my son is now in 6th grade and it is mandatory he attends both his school science fair and the state science fair.  So, he has to carry that darn board everywhere.  :)

Hope she is feeling well enough to attend!!!!

:)

• nova.mommy
    March 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

The fairs are not mandatory for a grade.  They are mostly for fun.  They are not penalized for not doing it and as far as I know they don't get extra credit for participating.

It is looking like DD is going to school tomorrow.  She is energetic, happy, drinking and even has said she was hungry.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN